Surface Pro and .NET development

KieranH1

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

A quick question if someone is familar with this...

I know that if i want to develop for a surfaceRT tablet I have to use xaml with c#/vb.net....or JS.

But can I build a normal .NET web application and put it on a surfacePro tablet (I presume surfacePro has IIS) and will it run like a normal surface app i.e. the user can touch enter text? Or does the app have to be in a diffferent format than traditional asp.net to allow touch screen.

Thanks...

gangolfus

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, It looks like IIS can be installed on the Surface Pro. A normal asp.net webpage will behave just like any other web page when viewed through a browser. I don't know what you mean by "like a normal surface app". It won't be an app, it will be a webpage, viewed through a web browser and behave like any other webpage viewed through a web browser. It will have the same touch support as any webpage viewed through a browser. If you want to make a Windows Store App, XAML is your only option.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
If you want to make a Windows Store App, XAML is your only option.

I believe you can build a Windows Store App with HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript. It wouldn't be hosted in IIS though, it would install and run 'natively' like any other app from the store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05