If anyone is having problems with the stylus after 8.1

somerandomguy1

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So when I installed 8.1 and noticed my stylus no longer worked at all. I went and reinstalled the wacom feel drivers and rebooted. Worked but wasn't as accurate with the pressure sensitivity and was making weird lines. I calibrated it and restarted, now it's back to working like normal. Thought people should know if they run into this problem.

UPDATE.

So it turns out that the Wacom drivers were still causing problems. The solution is to uninstall the Wacom drivers found under

Device Manager
-IDE Human Interface Devices
-Wacom

uninstall this and reboot. Your stylus should be working fine now with pressure sensitivity.

If you do not have the Wacom driver installed and have no stylus recognition it is advised to reboot once or twice with an internet connection. This will cause the Surface to go and find the correct Microsoft Drivers for the stylus and install them.

Last edited:

somerandomguy1

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah like I said you have to install the drivers and that will make the pen work. If the writing is still wonky calibrate it and then restart the machine and it should be fine.

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I never installed the Wacom drivers back on 8.0, and my stylus is working fine after the 8.1 upgrade on my Surface Pro.

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problems until yesterday. Something really mixed up my complete driver library. Even the touchcover didn?t work proper.
After installing new Wacom driver my pew works fine in most of my programs, only Sketchbook Pro is still messed up. It recognizes my input but the line is about 5cm offset to the left compared to where the pen is. This really drives me crazy. I hope i?ll find the solution soon, since i really need sketchbook for work. Does anyone know a solution for this one? The driver update did not fix it as i hoped :-(

Cheers,
Tom

hefetze

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I did all of the above.... (Reboot, shut down, uninstall driver, delete the USB device (as recommended in MS forum))
I tried to reinstall the driver and I got a message - can't find a tablet....
I even bought a new pen...
Nothing works.... Not the home button neither the pen.
I upgraded to 8.1 still nothing...
Any advice????

Andy May

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I have a Surface which I have upgraded to 8.1, before I tried to use a pen, the pen doesn't work, and I cannot find a device in device manager called WACOM, I don't have an IDE Human Interface, Only Human Interface in device manager and have no WACOM anywhere that I can find... Help:unhappysweat:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6