Touch cover

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
So I got the touch cover 2 for my surface pro (1) and I can confirm is 100x better than the old touch cover. Is incredible how accurate the typing is now. I have one question that I didn't see anyone asking so far. When the backlight is on but the touch cover is not used for a few seconds it automatically turns off (I'm guessing to save battery). However, when I just hover my hand over it (not touching, 1-2cm above the keyboard) it magically turns on the backlight. Anyone knows what sensor that is? I don't find it mentioned anywhere and it seems like such a great trick to be advertised. Is happening when I hover above the left lower side of the keyboard if anyone wants to try and confirm :wink:

chada398

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I updated my gen 1 touch cover to a gen 2 type cover on my surface rt and its like a new machine. Glad to hear the type cover is significantly improved though. Dont have the answer to your question but the backlighting is indeed impressive

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I am with you on this. SO much better and no ugly body oil stain on the touchpad now. I also wonder about batter usage. I can confirm my Surface Pro with TouchCover 2 seems to not want to go to sleep often. I am wondering if it is the backlight sensor?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12