Question about "certified exchange surface"

my11643

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Surface Pro from Microsoft's online store during one of the recent sales. It came in yesterday, and overall it seems like a great device. Problem is, my unit has pretty awful color uniformity. The right side of the screen is very noticeably yellowish, while the left side is much more white. Shades of grey that should be the same look distinctly different depending on whether it's closer to the right bottom corner or left top corner and it's driving me crazy.

If I do an exchange, they won't give me a new surface; instead I'll get a "certified exchange surface" which is essentially a new surface someone returned that the service center has theoretically fixed up. Does anyone have any experience with these type of exchanges? The last thing I want is to end up getting a unit that someone returned cause of horrendous backlight bleeding or something... I'd be better off just returning this unit and buying another one in the future. Just to make it clear, I don't need the perfect tablet with absolutely no backlight bleed, but I need something that isn't going to make me cringe under normal use.

Thanks for any input / help.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Everywhere pretty much sends refurbs when you warranty exchange. 95% of the time there are no issues, but you may get one that "tests" good, but wasn't look over well enough with bad pixels or head phone jack is bad. That color issues sounds pretty bad though, mine is beautiful.

my11643

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I actually called the local Microsoft store and they're willing to exchange me a new unit. Fingers crossed...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss