Does anybody know if the Surface Pro (first type) support 128 gb Cards ?
    I just ordered Surface pro 128 for us $663, was thinking of Surface 2 Pro 128, but it was double price (in Norway).
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    03-24-2014 03:12 PM
    Does anybody know if the Surface Pro (first type) support 128 gb Cards ?
    I just ordered Surface pro 128 for us $663, was thinking of Surface 2 Pro 128, but it was double price (in Norway).
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    Congratulations - I just made the same choice, for the same reason. Sure the Surface Pro 2 is better, but it's not twice as good so as to justify spending twice as much on one.

Happy to report Sandisk 128gb card works fine in it, comes formatted in ExFAT and has 119Gb of useable space. As always with expensive SD cards, be wary of fakes and buy from a reputable seller.
    JellymanEN likes this.
    03-24-2014 05:11 PM
    This is great news! I was just thinking about doing the same thing. The kids movies eat up tons of space (I use it in the car when we drive for the kids to watch stuff). I'll have to look for a deal.
    03-25-2014 12:11 PM
    I have the Surface Pro 128 as well, and I found that using a 64 GB Sandisk card was a bit problematic.
    See here
    and here
    The card would unmount very frequently, so frequently in fact that I took it out of the Surface and put it in my Dell V8P. In the Dell, I've not had a problem with it unmounting ever. Don't know what it was about that Sandisk card. I have a 32 GB card that I bought originally with the Surface and I have never had a problem with it unmounting, so that's what I will continue to use.

I hope you don't see the same issue with the 128 GB cards. If you guys have a lot of good luck with them, I might invest in one
    03-26-2014 03:45 PM
    I don't know what problem is with your card, in my Surface RT 32gb I have a 64gb SanDisk card and I have never had any problem.

When I get my Surface Pro128 I will test it With the 64gb card, I will anyway buy a 128gb card and use it (so I can give my Laptop/Asus something to my wife)

I will let you know how it goes, but it will probably be after the weekend because I'm going for a weekend-trip with my co-workers.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk
    03-26-2014 06:08 PM
    I have the Surface Pro 128 as well, and I found that using a 64 GB Sandisk card was a bit problematic.
    See here
    and here
    The card would unmount very frequently, so frequently in fact that I took it out of the Surface and put it in my Dell V8P. In the Dell, I've not had a problem with it unmounting ever. Don't know what it was about that Sandisk card. I have a 32 GB card that I bought originally with the Surface and I have never had a problem with it unmounting, so that's what I will continue to use.

I hope you don't see the same issue with the 128 GB cards. If you guys have a lot of good luck with them, I might invest in one

Did you update to win 8.1 ?
    After updating I don't need to make a Virtual disk, and saves Music, photo etc on the sd-card as standard, Works great, on my Surface RT anyway, will get my Surface Pro tomorrow or after the weekend ( going away for the weekend so can't test until after)

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk
    03-26-2014 06:20 PM
    Yes, running 8.1 Update 1. Haven't tried the 64 GB card in the Surface Pro since updating to Update 1. I've got a few hours right now. so I guess I could test to see if there is any difference since the Update.
    03-29-2014 07:04 PM
    Just tested and have no problem using my Sandisk 64 gb, I want a 128 gb card but nobody (as I can see ) sells them yet. I have checked with several shops/netshops and they can't give any date soon :-( I know I can find it on ebay in the US but with Norwegian taxes it will be around USD 250 !!
    Maybe I have to wait til it comes to Europe.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    04-01-2014 12:15 PM
    nobody sells them? Amazon does! Who goes into a store to buy that stuff?
    evilrob likes this.
    04-01-2014 03:51 PM
    nobody sells them? Amazon does! Who goes into a store to buy that stuff?

But Amazon don't sell that to Norway :-)
    04-05-2014 11:22 AM
    Norway! Amazon needs to start selling to you! Heh. Or your favorite Euro-centric online computer parts store.
    04-08-2014 01:59 PM