After Update - Keys not working on Touch Keyboard

wrokxfcs

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently purchased the surface pro and was initially very happy with it. However after installing all the updates and windows 8.1, I noticed certain keys on the right hand side e.g. the enter key, right shift, up and right arrows stopped functioning. So first thing I did was search multiple threads in regards to this issue and only manage to find one person with the same problem. However they tried a factory restore and it fixed the issue, until they then reinstalled the updates again. They solved the issue by buying a type cover which isn't an ideal solution.:crying:

So from this its definitely an issue with the updates. So does anyone have any ideas in solving this issue.

Many Thanks.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
you should try these steps , go into PC settings->tap on last category(update and recovery)->recovery->tap on the first option (refresh your pc without affecting your files ) , follow on the on screen steps :)

binh mach

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Himanshu, thanks for the fast response. Tried your advice and keys still seem to be not functioning after refreshing the device. So do you think it's a hardware issue? I haven't used it it for more than a week which I find surprising if it is :(

binh mach

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again. It's a bit unfortunate since I'm from the UK and I'm pretty sure they don't have any MS Stores dotted about here. So gonna have to use their online store which I'm dreading. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro