Which Version of Spartan Assault for Surface Pro

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I recently picked up a Surface Pro (original model) refurb.

I noticed this pop up on WPC:
Halo: Spartan Assault on sale today through the 9th for $1.99 | Windows Phone Central

Being a huge Halo fan I cannot pass this up for $1.99

My question is which version is best for the surface pro? I want to be able to use the touch screen for controls. Are you capable of doing that on the Windows 8 version?

Anyways if someone could chime in that has it on the Surface Pro, that would be great!

Thanks!

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Buy the Windows Version, I bought it for Win 8 and play it on my Surface RT with touch.

Good game, and great on touchscreen!

Awesome will do. I plan on getting this for many reasons. But I have a long plane ride coming up so I figure I will play it for a while until my battery dies XD. I have read places that you cannot save without an internet connection. Is this true?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Awesome will do. I plan on getting this for many reasons. But I have a long plane ride coming up so I figure I will play it for a while until my battery dies XD. I have read places that you cannot save without an internet connection. Is this true?

I don't think that's true. I don't know firsthand, but when you clear a stage, that's that. the stage should be cleared.

Is it worth buying it? Im not a huge fan of mobile games

At the price of $1.99, its even more compelling than before. At the previous price, I would be more reluctant, but today's deal is only better. The Bing Rewards $3 gift card to the windows store is even better.
It's a well made game, graphics are nice, soundtrack is nice, a giant plus for me is that there is still aspects of the Halo sandbox in this game. Equipment on the map can be used, you can hijack vehicles, the noob combo still works, it fits in between Halo 3 and 4...

My only complaints are the touch controls and lack of checkpoints.
The controls are generally good and are intuitive. However, what grinds my gears is that grenades go where your character is looking, not where you touch. and you can't really aim vehicles without firing the guns. Minor quirks that just get on my nerves a bit.
Stages are relatively short, but the lack of checkpoints can be frustrating.
There are IAP's, but they aren't game breaking like EA's fancy work. You can complete the game without spending a dime. You gain points from playing and can use those for one-time upgrades for one level, but they aren't ridiculously expensive or really "required". I found buying a rocket launcher once greatly expedited a difficult mission late in the campaign (all with points accumulated, not paid) but it wasn't outright required.

Even then, the pluses and otherwise quality greatly outweigh what flaws there is. If you want to see how it is, there are plenty of gameplay videos online.

All that was my opinion and my experience, yours may vary.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just played a few rounds and all the credits I earned were in my account when my wifi was turned back on. It already had the amount and where I was at in the game when I started it when I was deliberately disconnected.

Jaskys, it plays as good a regular game and on touchscreen it's great. You can even hook up an xbox 360 controller to Surface RT, Pro or Win 8, and at $1.99 it is a no brainer as one of my favorite games.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just played a few rounds and all the credits I earned were in my account when my wifi was turned back on. It already had the amount and where I was at in the game when I started it when I was deliberately disconnected.

Jaskys, it plays as good a regular game and on touchscreen it's great. You can even hook up an xbox 360 controller to Surface RT, Pro or Win 8, and at $1.99 it is a no brainer as one of my favorite games.

Downloading now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12