I write with my stylus on my Surface Pro being flat on my desk without any cover folded under it. Whenever I write, whether its with a pencil or stylus on a paper or my Surface, I tend to put some pressure on my hand onto the writing surface (pun not intended). When I'm writing on my Surface Pro, I hear slight, quiet, creaking sounds coming from the screen, because of the pressure. Is this a bad thing for my screen? Does this happen to anyone else when they're writing on their Surface Pro?
    04-20-2014 08:29 PM
    I wouldn't have thought that this is normal behaviour, but I don't think much pressure would be involved with writing so I wouldn't worry about it. If you do get more concerned you can always run this by MS support and see what they say?
    sd173 likes this.
    04-24-2014 02:39 AM
    Do you have any update on the cause? Does this happen when you push on the screen without the pen? Is it the pen that is making this noise.

I write on the screen all the time and do not see this at all.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    05-04-2014 03:12 PM
    Do you have any update on the cause? Does this happen when you push on the screen without the pen? Is it the pen that is making this noise.

I write on the screen all the time and do not see this at all.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    I was planning on contacting Surface tech support sometime this weekend. I use my stylus by having my hand on the screen when I write. It's not the stylus making the noise because I tried (so, so, carefully - I heart my Surface) to recreate the sound by gently pressing my hand on different parts of the screen and found the creaking noise happens when I have my hand anywhere on the inside of the screen (mainly/especially on the center) but not really at all unless I try to make the sound when I'm writing with my hand on the black screen border.
    05-06-2014 04:14 PM