Need help with Surface RT

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
G'day all,
My surface rt screen doesn't seem to be working correctly. :(
When I switch on my surface tablet I get the surface load screen but after that it just stays black, (the light is on but nobody is home).
The wifi symbol flash and that is all I can see except for when I run my finger along the screen which then I see the mouse pointer and the it disappears once I remove my finger.

So my question is has anyone else had this problem and has managed to fix it?

Also does anyone know of a way to reset my surface without being able to login or see my screen?

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Try a hard restart. Unplug it, then hold down the power button for about 30 seconds, then tap the power button again. That tends to solve a lot of problems.

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Try a hard restart. Unplug it, then hold down the power button for about 30 seconds, then tap the power button again. That tends to solve a lot of problems.

Thanks, that sort of worked. After holding the power button several times as you stated it finally came up with a blue screen that allowed me to go to advanced settings and I did a troubleshoot fix but that didn't work so then I tried the refresh PC setting and voil? my surface is as good as new and I still have all my files and apps :) so thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre