No more Microsoft Products for me

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
October last year I had replace my surface pro using the extended warranty because I drop it.
last week the device start showing problems after a update. I have spinning dots during the boot.
I'm able to boot using the image but I it can repair the installation (I think it is something related to bitlocker) but it I open the Advance repair and DOS my files are there.

I went to Microsoft store (Woodlands, TX) @ Saturday (2/5/2015) and the support guy said that it will take 48 hours to diagnose the problem. Today nobody called me back and I decided to call the store. The support guy said that the device has no repair. (I cant believe since it is booting using USB and I can see my files.). I got it replaced last year. I believe that Microsoft gave me a defective unit or the update messed with my device. The device looks brand new with full body invisible shield and always kept inside the sleeve. This broke in 6 months with no drops or scratch marks.

"This guy told basically you have this for 2 years and time to replace".
Who buys a device for 2 years only? I have a Acer Laptop for 6 years and it still working well.

I'm a big user of Microsoft products.
Those is the list between me and my wife.

iPAQ
Zune
Xbox One
Xbox 360 (2)
HTC HD7 (Fist WP7)
Lumia 710
HTC 8X
Lumia 920
Lumia 1020
Lumia Icon
Microsoft Band
Laptops
Dektop
Surface RT
Surface Pro

I convinced a lot of people switch to WP and Surface (@ Work and Friends). Today 2 switched from ipad to Surface 3. (I will talk to them to return it)

Probably those will be my last Microsoft devices. Next update I will look for alternatives that takes care better of the customers.

I don't recommend people here buy Microsoft Products.

Regards,
:crying:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Worth noting the decision was based off of one store, just feels kinda unfair to me, but understandable, thats my statistics class talking. (things like extrapolation and having a large enough sample size) I won't be happy at all with that treatment. (lifespan is a reason the Surface's aren't really on the top of my get list)

I've found C/S to be rather inconsistent across the board. The best you can hope for sadly is minimal bad cases.

Maybe things will be better if you go up the chain of command.

Not saying your decision is less valid or more, but there's always a case gone bad regardless of brand. Better luck whatever you do!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
No reason to talk somebody into returning a product because you had a bad experience. Don't be **** hurt cause your Surface 1 which came out in 2012 doesn't work anymore. Your lucky you bought a 2 year warranty, most computer makes only offer 90 days to 1 year. You had one bad experience, I would go to another store, or talk to someone higher up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
You sound very upset over one product, the surface. And over one store in Texas. You're acting unreasonably. Why don't you find another computer repair shop? I'd recommend removing this thread as nobody here will say anything but what's been said already.

Omar9399

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happens to me.
I got surface pro 3(i5) a month back it has the overheating issue since the day I brought just watching video will heat up the surface so I contacted the support by email and they didn't respond me back so I went to store(Chicago, Michigan ave) they told me that they don't have tools to diagnose the problem so they advice me to contact support over phone so I did and they told me that they will replace my device with a refurbished one, so I told them that I don't want a refurbished because I paid $1000 for a new one what's the point of getting a refurbished in a month because it cost less in market which I get $200 less. What they told me was refurbished on is a brand new one it called refurbished because it doesn't come with retail packing I was not convinced by that so I told her to forward my call yo manager so she put me oh hold for 1hr and after that the manager told me that the statement"refurbished is a brand new device.." Is not true. Anyhow they didn't gave me a new device I end up getting a refurbished one.
THIS WILL BE MY LAST MICROSOFT DEVICE I WILL SELL THIS AND MOVE ON TO APPLE THEY KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH COSTUMERS.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
What's wrong with refurbished items, they are just as good as new ones

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
What's wrong with refurbished items, they are just as good as new ones

Well my wife got a replacement iPhone and it was a nightmare, clearly a problem with the lcd screen as it would do it's own thing, yet they would not relate it again, so we had to buy a new phone even though that one was in warranty. Apple are no saints their customer service can be awful, especially as they think customers Are stupid enough to believe anything that tell them.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had excellent service from Microsoft and the Microsoft Store, and my Surface Pro 3 is probably the most well made device I've ever owned.

Sucks for you, good luck learning how horrible other company's support can be.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well my wife got a replacement iPhone and it was a nightmare, clearly a problem with the lcd screen as it would do it's own thing, yet they would not relate it again, so we had to buy a new phone even though that one was in warranty. Apple are no saints their customer service can be awful, especially as they think customers Are stupid enough to believe anything that tell them.

Is no company's customer support sacred?!

The_Guest_Who

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I hate to revive old threads, but I had a similar poor experience at a Microsoft Store today, concerning my wife's Surface Pro 1...
Since my wife and I are college students, we bought Microsoft Complete for both of our Surfaces; I bought a 256GB SP2, and she took advantage of a bundle deal on a 128GB SP1... for her, it was an impulse buy, as she already had a decent laptop, but we were sold when the rep told us that Complete would cover her SP1 and replace it on-the-spot new with another SP1 or whatever was current if she has problems within 2 years.
That time was this morning - her SP1 slipped out of my hands this morning onto a concrete step in our backyard, deforming the corner and shattering the screen. She was heartbroken, as she loved her Surface... and since she had a new mid-term class starting this week, she couldn't be without a computer (we had already sold her old laptop). We immediately packed it up and went to the Microsoft Store.
Upon showing the rep the shattered computer, we were asked if we bought Complete... we said yes... to which we were told that they no longer had SP1's in stock, we would need to contact customer service online, where we would have to request an RMA, and wait for a replacement SP1. This was totally against everything we were told at point-of-sale... I reminded them of that point, and after 10 minutes of discussions amongst themselves, they decided to replace the SP1 with "one of their last" refurbs, an SP2 (in a beat-up brown box, with a handwritten "SP2" scrawled on it). This was still outside of what we were promised, but we were sick of fighting the point, and took what we could get. That SP2 needed about 2+ hours worth of updating, and eventually we were back on track. Basically, we went through a lot of hassle for something that should have been a simple exchange.
This makes me worry about my SP2, since it's starting to get a little wonky (the glass is lifting up away from the frame near the Windows button, the top-left joint in the casing is creaking, and the kickstand is getting loose), and I cannot be without my computer if it needs to be serviced. Am I going to get the same hassle, since SP2's are no longer sold retail? Essentially, what's the point of spending extra money above and beyond what was already an expensive product if I need to fight it out at retail to get the paid-for service?

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I hate to revive old threads, but I had a similar poor experience at a Microsoft Store today, concerning my wife's Surface Pro 1...
Since my wife and I are college students, we bought Microsoft Complete for both of our Surfaces; I bought a 256GB SP2, and she took advantage of a bundle deal on a 128GB SP1... for her, it was an impulse buy, as she already had a decent laptop, but we were sold when the rep told us that Complete would cover her SP1 and replace it on-the-spot new with another SP1 or whatever was current if she has problems within 2 years.
That time was this morning - her SP1 slipped out of my hands this morning onto a concrete step in our backyard, deforming the corner and shattering the screen. She was heartbroken, as she loved her Surface... and since she had a new mid-term class starting this week, she couldn't be without a computer (we had already sold her old laptop). We immediately packed it up and went to the Microsoft Store.
Upon showing the rep the shattered computer, we were asked if we bought Complete... we said yes... to which we were told that they no longer had SP1's in stock, we would need to contact customer service online, where we would have to request an RMA, and wait for a replacement SP1. This was totally against everything we were told at point-of-sale... I reminded them of that point, and after 10 minutes of discussions amongst themselves, they decided to replace the SP1 with "one of their last" refurbs, an SP2 (in a beat-up brown box, with a handwritten "SP2" scrawled on it). This was still outside of what we were promised, but we were sick of fighting the point, and took what we could get. That SP2 needed about 2+ hours worth of updating, and eventually we were back on track. Basically, we went through a lot of hassle for something that should have been a simple exchange.
This makes me worry about my SP2, since it's starting to get a little wonky (the glass is lifting up away from the frame near the Windows button, the top-left joint in the casing is creaking, and the kickstand is getting loose), and I cannot be without my computer if it needs to be serviced. Am I going to get the same hassle, since SP2's are no longer sold retail? Essentially, what's the point of spending extra money above and beyond what was already an expensive product if I need to fight it out at retail to get the paid-for service?

Good luck I lost my fight :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett