So we've recently started using our Surface Pro (1st gen) with dual monitors. We purchased the new docking brick and appropriate cables and it works fine, with one minor inconvenience. Once the Surface is powered down and removed from the dock (like at night when I take mine home), the next morning after I attach it again to the dock, the dual monitors will not work unless I unplug the dock power supply and then re attach it. Anyone else with this problem? Any known solution?
    06-22-2016 09:02 AM
    So we've recently started using our Surface Pro (1st gen) with dual monitors. We purchased the new docking brick and appropriate cables and it works fine, with one minor inconvenience. Once the Surface is powered down and removed from the dock (like at night when I take mine home), the next morning after I attach it again to the dock, the dual monitors will not work unless I unplug the dock power supply and then re attach it. Anyone else with this problem? Any known solution?
    quick question - why do you leave the dock powered on at night? I'm asking from an energy saving standpoint
    06-22-2016 11:58 AM
    It's just plugged in under the desk with all the other equipment (i.e.. monitors, desk lights, etc.) and since there's no on/off switch, I think that's pretty typical. Not sure how much energy it draws. I guess I didn't ever consider it.
    06-28-2016 03:57 PM
    It's just plugged in under the desk with all the other equipment (i.e.. monitors, desk lights, etc.) and since there's no on/off switch, I think that's pretty typical. Not sure how much energy it draws. I guess I didn't ever consider it.
    Honestly, I wouldn't worry about power consumption.
    12-08-2016 08:38 AM