View Poll Results: At what hightest price point would you purchase the Surface RT

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • $699

2 4.44%
  • $599

16 35.56%
  • $499

14 31.11%
  • $399

13 28.89%
10-09-2012 05:16 AM
29 12
tools
    Well don't take my word for it.

Microsoft News Microsoft Demos Office 2013 On Windows RT Device

Building Windows for the ARM processor architecture - Building Windows 8 - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Particularly this section of the blog post from the link above:

WOA includes desktop versions of the new Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. These new Office applications, codenamed Office 15, have been significantly architected for both touch and minimized power/resource consumption, while also being fully-featured for consumers and providing complete document compatibility. WOA supports the Windows desktop experience including File Explorer, Internet Explorer 10 for the desktop, and most other intrinsic Windows desktop featureswhich have been significantly architected for both touch and minimized power/resource consumption.
    Suddenly, my point of view RT tablets just shifted :)
    07-07-2012 09:01 AM
    499 would be my pain barrier. 399 would be way more bearable, though I also think it should be cheaper to compete better with established tablet platforms.
    07-09-2012 07:57 AM
    So i soooo want one of these the price i would pay is up to 500-550 GBP if this includes the keyboard and office! My only problem is, where in the UK will I officialy be able to get one? I am happy with importing one, I did the Nexus One when it came out, as long as their is an option to get a Britisg plug. I'd rather buy from my own shores though and as MSFT has no British stores yet (London will get one next year apparently) then where or where will I be able to get one from? :dry
    07-27-2012 12:54 PM
    I realize Microsoft has went with superhigh prices in the past and miserably and utterly failed at the tablet market. I remember when they came out with those outrageously priced tablets and tablet pcs. Now that they have serious market competition to catch up to maybe they won't be total idiots. I'm crossing my fingers for 400.
    10-09-2012 05:16 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD