08-14-2012 10:33 AM
    engadget just posted that it might sell for $199..... unbelievable but if its true i'm so buying one on launch day Microsoft Surface for Windows RT tablet coming October 26th for $199? -- Engadget
    08-14-2012 10:58 AM
    engadget just posted that it might sell for $199..... unbelievable but if its true i'm so buying one on launch day Microsoft Surface for Windows RT tablet coming October 26th for $199? -- Engadget
    I don't think that anyone who even thought about it could resist to buy one for that price!
    08-14-2012 04:47 PM
    i know.... $ 199 is a very tempting initial price. That makes me even more hopeful for the Win Pro! :D
    08-15-2012 08:37 AM
    If Microsoft priced the surface that low, I think that a ton of people would buy it. If I was in the market for a tablet I would definitely be one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-15-2012 10:00 AM
    The $199 price is almost certainly the down payment of an essentially-financed device (through a jacked-up price Xbox Gold or Xbox Music subscription), just like the $99 Xbox 360+Kinect. It's not that you actually get an Xbox+Kinect for $99; you just pay that up front. By the end of two years, you've paid $460 for the Xbox, Kinect, and two years of Xbox Gold.

I suspect the $199 Surface RT will include $20/month Xbox Music (price is normally $10/month), so it'll cost you about $440 by the end of two years. It's sa good deal if you'd buy Xbox Music subscriptions anyway, just like the $99 Xbox is a good deal if you'd subscribe to Gold anyway.
    08-16-2012 06:24 PM
    I agree. They want you to buy the hardware so that they can nickel and dime you on the services.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    08-16-2012 06:26 PM
    I agree. They want you to buy the hardware so that they can nickel and dime you on the services.

You say that like paying $500 up front is better than paying $200 now and $300 over the next two years. It isn't.
    08-16-2012 07:07 PM
    You say that like paying $500 up front is better than paying $200 now and $300 over the next two years. It isn't.
    I didn't indicate that either scenario was better or worse.

08-17-2012 01:48 AM
    I just can't believe the $199 price. I'm having trouble thinking $300 is going to be the entry level price for a RT tablet. ZDNet agrees too.
    Is the Microsoft Surface a Premium Device? Surface Geeks Surface Geeks

I'm just kinda hangin out waiting for it to ship and not knowing the price is killing me!
    09-20-2012 11:14 PM
    The $199 price is almost certainly the down payment of an essentially-financed device (through a jacked-up price Xbox Gold or Xbox Music subscription), just like the $99 Xbox 360+Kinect. It's not that you actually get an Xbox+Kinect for $99; you just pay that up front. By the end of two years, you've paid $460 for the Xbox, Kinect, and two years of Xbox Gold.

I suspect the $199 Surface RT will include $20/month Xbox Music (price is normally $10/month), so it'll cost you about $440 by the end of two years. It's sa good deal if you'd buy Xbox Music subscriptions anyway, just like the $99 Xbox is a good deal if you'd subscribe to Gold anyway.
    If they go the route of subsidization, I really don't see them inflating the Xbox Music price. More likely, they'll offer a bundle or bundles with various Xbox services and various prices for the Surface, including a revamped Xbox Video service which hopefully has an all-you-can-eat element that goes beyond music videos. I'd bite on a $199 Surface RT that includes music and video subscriptions, provided I could keep my old school "ten free" Zune account.
    09-23-2012 09:26 PM
    Not entirely related, but Microsoft has recently updated the Microsoft Store website. There's new promo for the Surface, and I dug up one .jpg that may have not been used before.

New: http://dri2.img.digitalrivercontent....oming_Soon.jpg

Interesting, not "coming soon": http://dri2.img.digitalrivercontent....ot_Surface.jpg
    09-30-2012 06:55 PM
    Not entirely related, but Microsoft has recently updated the Microsoft Store website. There's new promo for the Surface, and I dug up one .jpg that may have not been used before.

New: http://dri2.img.digitalrivercontent....oming_Soon.jpg

Interesting, not "coming soon": http://dri2.img.digitalrivercontent....ot_Surface.jpg
    Well we basically already know the release date. So this isn't surprising with October here.
    09-30-2012 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD