10-20-2012 01:01 PM
74 123
tools
    Ordered a 32GB with black touch cover. There were a few reports that Canadian orders wouldn't arrive until the 30th(which it now states on the order page), though the email I received stated "delivery by the 26th".

I did pre-order the second the page went up though...
    10-19-2012 03:20 PM
    The Surface has totally derailed my excitment for any WP8 handset.
    pedenske likes this.
    10-19-2012 03:31 PM
    I don't get the whole color thing. If I did, I'd order a naked 32 and get a cyan or whatever colour later. The device is what is important to me - I'll accessorize somewhere down the line.
    And for those that want the 64GB version? I cant accessorize later because im force to buy a black cover. Wish I understood MS. They advertise color since the beginning but send out black into the battlefield.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    10-19-2012 03:41 PM
    And for those that want the 64GB version? I cant accessorize later because im force to buy a black cover. Wish I understood MS. They advertise color since the beginning but send out black into the battlefield.

Please don't misunderstand me. I get that you weren't given a choice in the beginning - that's pretty disappointing. I guess I'm just lucky that black is my choice of colour.
    10-19-2012 03:47 PM
    What's a WP8 handset?:D
    Vallos likes this.
    10-19-2012 03:48 PM
    Same here, between pre ordering a Surface and upgrading my desktop to W8 next week, any thoughts I had of buying a new phone this year vanished. Maybe CES will renew my eagerness for a new WP8 device.
    Vallos likes this.
    10-19-2012 03:49 PM
    Same here, between pre ordering a Surface and upgrading my desktop to W8 next week, any thoughts I had of buying a new phone this year vanished. Maybe CES will renew my eagerness for a new WP8 device.
    im in the same boat but I bought a win7 laptop in 2011 and that's going to help with my phone. Updating laptop to W8 and ordering one of those touch mice from Logitech made for W8. Now I can buy my tablet and phone. ;-)

10-19-2012 03:54 PM
    Since there was no naked 32 GB yesterday, I went for the 32 GB and black touch cover bundle + HD Video out adapter.
    10-19-2012 05:25 PM
    32GB Black Cover, and going with an HTC 8X in Red upon release. My PC got $19.99 W8 Upgrade so I'm set. Anywho, I have a question. They said payment will be deducted from card upon shipment and my payment was deducted today. Has shipment begun?!
    10-19-2012 08:51 PM
    Well, I decided to go ahead and order the 32GB version with the touch cover. It's unfortunate that I will have a 1-2 week shipment time but I had to wait until my new credit card showed up (my old card was fraudulently used to purchase airline tickets so they had to issue me a new one). If it weren't for that little issue, I would have ordered mine as soon as possible to get launch day delivery.

I'll be picking up an 8X as soon as it comes to Verizon and my new laptop will be upgraded to Windows 8 on day 1.
    10-19-2012 10:05 PM
    Grrr. I want a pro. :(
    10-19-2012 11:12 PM
    Despite pre-ordering on day one it looks like my order has been delayed now by a week. Anyone in the UK has your order been delayed or is it still due to ship on time?
    10-20-2012 03:30 AM
    Despite pre-ordering on day one it looks like my order has been delayed now by a week. Anyone in the UK has your order been delayed or is it still due to ship on time?
    Same here ;(
    10-20-2012 05:30 AM
    Did you receive notice from Micrsoft of this change? I place my order yesterday and I have it being delivered on the 26th, and now that the US pre-order page shows delivery status for all three price points are pushed back. But I'm curious if that will affect me or people or order now.

*EDIT*
    Nevermind, Jay. I read the "Delayed in Canada" thread. Hopefully I wont get this notice, but I starting to believe this might be for customers outside of the US.
    Last edited by Vallos; 10-20-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    10-20-2012 06:03 AM
    Did you receive notice from Micrsoft of this change? I place my order yesterday and I have it being delivered on the 26th, and now that the US pre-order page shows delivery status for all three price points are pushed back. But I'm curious if that will affect me or people or order now.

*EDIT*
    Nevermind, Jay. I read the "Delayed in Canada" thread. Hopefully I wont get this notice, but I starting to believe this might be for customers outside of the US.
    Are the devices themselves made in the U.S.?
    10-20-2012 09:03 AM
    Anyone else think it's pretty interesting that Microsoft still hasn't let anyone actually use the surface and test it out, not even the touch covers. No blog sites or anything and they still are able to generate this much hype. Pretty cool. Even when they showed it off at the first event the press was not allowed to test it lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    10-20-2012 09:20 AM
    Are the devices themselves made in the U.S.?
    Microsoft Reportedly Hires Pegatron To Build Tablets

Microsoft Reportedly Hires Pegatron To Build Tablets - Forbes
    10-20-2012 09:29 AM
    Anyone else think it's pretty interesting that Microsoft still hasn't let anyone actually use the surface and test it out, not even the touch covers. No blog sites or anything and they still are able to generate this much hype. Pretty cool. Even when they showed it off at the first event the press was not allowed to test it lol

On the day that pre-orders started some blogs were given about five minutes or so with the Surface.

I feel like review units in advance wouldn't have hurt, but then again, pre-orders are sold out, so I guess they did something right.
    10-20-2012 09:43 AM
    I plan to sell my soul, or preferably just my body, for a shiny new Surface.
    10-20-2012 09:55 AM
    On the day that pre-orders started some blogs were given about five minutes or so with the Surface.

I feel like review units in advance wouldn't have hurt, but then again, pre-orders are sold out, so I guess they did something right.
    I'm at the point where I take any blog or review with a grain of salt. It seems that most reviewers are predetermined to give it bad review based on their preference. Even the positive reviews I tend to look at with suspicion.
    10-20-2012 10:10 AM

How do you know there are no test units in the hands of tech sites? NDA could restrict them from saying so.
    10-20-2012 10:54 AM
    The whole point if my reply was saying that Microsoft has built up so much hype and has such a stellar looking product that they are selling out without even letting people test or review it. Go Microsoft. Great job

10-20-2012 11:03 AM
    I ordered the 64GB on the 16th. Fortunately the black touch cover was my preference from the beginning.
    10-20-2012 12:27 PM
    I plan to sell my soul, or preferably just my body, for a shiny new Surface.
    If I tried that, I could maybe afford the box the Surface came in....
    10-20-2012 01:01 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD