**Surface Pre-Order thread**

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Despite pre-ordering on day one it looks like my order has been delayed now by a week. Anyone in the UK has your order been delayed or is it still due to ship on time?

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Despite pre-ordering on day one it looks like my order has been delayed now by a week. Anyone in the UK has your order been delayed or is it still due to ship on time?
Did you receive notice from Micrsoft of this change? I place my order yesterday and I have it being delivered on the 26th, and now that the US pre-order page shows delivery status for all three price points are pushed back. But I'm curious if that will affect me or people or order now.

*EDIT*
Nevermind, Jay. I read the "Delayed in Canada" thread. Hopefully I wont get this notice, but I starting to believe this might be for customers outside of the US.

Last edited:

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you receive notice from Micrsoft of this change? I place my order yesterday and I have it being delivered on the 26th, and now that the US pre-order page shows delivery status for all three price points are pushed back. But I'm curious if that will affect me or people or order now.

*EDIT*
Nevermind, Jay. I read the "Delayed in Canada" thread. Hopefully I wont get this notice, but I starting to believe this might be for customers outside of the US.

Are the devices themselves made in the U.S.?

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else think it's pretty interesting that Microsoft still hasn't let anyone actually use the surface and test it out, not even the touch covers. No blog sites or anything and they still are able to generate this much hype. Pretty cool. Even when they showed it off at the first event the press was not allowed to test it lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else think it's pretty interesting that Microsoft still hasn't let anyone actually use the surface and test it out, not even the touch covers. No blog sites or anything and they still are able to generate this much hype. Pretty cool. Even when they showed it off at the first event the press was not allowed to test it lol

On the day that pre-orders started some blogs were given about five minutes or so with the Surface.

I feel like review units in advance wouldn't have hurt, but then again, pre-orders are sold out, so I guess they did something right.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
On the day that pre-orders started some blogs were given about five minutes or so with the Surface.

I feel like review units in advance wouldn't have hurt, but then again, pre-orders are sold out, so I guess they did something right.

I'm at the point where I take any blog or review with a grain of salt. It seems that most reviewers are predetermined to give it bad review based on their preference. Even the positive reviews I tend to look at with suspicion.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

How do you know there are no test units in the hands of tech sites? NDA could restrict them from saying so.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The whole point if my reply was saying that Microsoft has built up so much hype and has such a stellar looking product that they are selling out without even letting people test or review it. Go Microsoft. Great job

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99