Do you know anybody other than yourself getting a Surface RT?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
If only it was that easy. My wife ordered a pair of shoes that cost $120 the tax on them was $68 I ordered a $12 chip for my media player the tax was $5.
I am not really keen on paying up $300 to $400 import tax just to get it to Thailand.
wow. damn expensive. A surface RT 32gb in NZ would be $1000 here. and a surface pro would be $1500+

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one in Australia still trying to work out how I can get it to Thailand.

I use a freight forwarding company, based here in Panama that has an alliance with a storage facility in MIA. I ship it to Miami and they round up a bunch of orders from hundreds and clients and ship it to Panama using DHL. I don't know how they do it, but I only pay weight-based fees, no import tax. I'm expecting to pay $15 to import my $650+ order.

That's how I bought my Focus and a bunch of other stuff :)

Mail? Isn't it exempt of paying taxes, like in Panama?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
in my lecture hall a kid saw over my shoulder that I kept checking the status of my order and started talking to me about it.. Soon turned into like 20 kids around me talking about it. None of them preordered, they all said they wanted to see mine first but were really interested and considering getting one!

Edit: actually I have this conversation alot cause my laptop has a fan problem and makes a loud clicking noise, so in the library and study halls people always stop and stare at me and I explain "it'll only be like this for 3 more days, im replacing this pos with a Microsoft Surface"

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
you will be tax heavy if importing.. surface rt is available on 23rd nov in thailand.. check out the news.. *hint go to true website for ordering

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Going to wait for black friday/cyber monday

Black Friday is here and I haven't seen any discounts yet. Not too surprised considering Cyber Monday is more for the online deals. I'm not even confident we'll see a discount on Monday either. Maybe closer to Christmas? Wishful thinking? Come on Verizon, put some on sale so I can see it in person!!

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had 3 people ask me about mine and I've told them all not to buy it. It's bleeding edge tech that's not ready for prime time.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had 3 people ask me about mine and I've told them all not to buy it. It's bleeding edge tech that's not ready for prime time.

Dang dude, I know you don't like the tablet, but do you have to jump into every thread and trash it? You are clearly in the minority when it comes to disliking the tablet. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean other people aren't happy with it.

And do you live under a rock? What's "bleeding edge" about it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro