Will Microsoft deliver before Oct 26th?

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone think Microsoft will deliver Surface RT pre-orders before Oct 26th? That would be so cool. I'm taking the 25th and the 26th off from work. It will be like Christmas!! :)

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
They will instruct UPS to only deliver on the 26th. Just like Apple does with the iPhone orders. So it may ship advanced enough to get delivered before, but the local UPS office will hold until that day.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I hope so as I am having shipped to my work but have taken the day of to set up Windows 8 at home. That would mean trekking an hour each way into work to pick it up. Although more realistically I expect it on Monday.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
It actually says that its going to be on the 26th. So I expect it then or a day early. U shouldn't expect it later than 26th tho

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Well since I went over this with the rep and he was really helpful and nice. He said it would be delivered on by the 26th here is hoping I get is a few days early. Who is gonna take it into an apple store for kicks and giggles? haha

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It'd be really nice to get it sooner, but i highly doubt they will rush except to get it by 26oct. At least it is free delivery and not this weekend but next weekend...we'll be sporting the new Surface RT!! Weeeeee!!!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
US preorder page says: Pre-order now for delivery by 10/26

That's just because it defaults to the date of the release. If you actually look at the receipt after purchasing one;

Surface 32 GB without Black Touch Cover

Delivery Option: Ship it
Quantity: 1
Product release date: your order will be delivered by 10/26

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That's just because it defaults to the date of the release. If you actually look at the receipt after purchasing one;

Surface 32 GB without Black Touch Cover

Delivery Option: Ship it
Quantity: 1
Product release date: your order will be delivered by 10/26
I don't see the difference...

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone think Microsoft will deliver Surface RT pre-orders before Oct 26th? That would be so cool. I'm taking the 25th and the 26th off from work. It will be like Christmas!! :)

It should arrive at the UPS depot early to ensure 10/26 delivery. Occasionally, the shipment may then be released by UPS early (it is never intentional but does happen) in which case it could arrive earlier. That is really just random chance. If you have advance tracking with UPS though and are notified of a scheduled delivery the day before, etc., one can occasionally talk them into letting you pick it up at their depot. It really should not work that way but some of the employees and managers do not know their own policies.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
It should arrive at the UPS depot early to ensure 10/26 delivery. Occasionally, the shipment may then be released by UPS early (it is never intentional but does happen) in which case it could arrive earlier. That is really just random chance. If you have advance tracking with UPS though and are notified of a scheduled delivery the day before, etc., one can occasionally talk them into letting you pick it up at their depot. It really should not work that way but some of the employees and managers do not know their own policies.
here is to hoping Hawaii UPS has no idea what to do and gives it to me early....haha.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
here is to hoping Hawaii UPS has no idea what to do and gives it to me early....haha.

Actually, if you sign up for the UPS My Choice program and receive advance email notification of a scheduled delivery you can occasionally get someone on the phone who will let you reschedule for early depot pickup. I did that for something within the year and was surprised when the person just said I could pick it up after 5:00 PM. I was actually just trying to get the delivery rescheduled because I was not going to be available on the delivery day but instead they offered to let me pick it up instead. It was a bit weird though also getting a delivery exception email telling me the package could not be delivered because it was already picked up, It is a very literal delivery tracking system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa