Anyone know if Internet Explorer will be full version

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if Internet Explorer will be a full version not a cut down one? The reason that I ask is because it seems like Internet Explorer is the only Tablet Browser that works with my home office.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
RT will come with both the Windows 8 style IE10 (tablet version) and IE10 for desktop. The desktop version supports plugins (like flash), the tablet version does not.

GB330033

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
RT will come with both the Windows 8 style IE10 (tablet version) and IE10 for desktop. The desktop version supports plugins (like flash), the tablet version does not.

That's not quite correct...

You're right that it'll have IE10 Metro and IE10 desktop.
Flash will be built-in to both.
However, you will not be able to install whatever plugins you want on the desktop version. In fact, you can't install ActiveX controls at all on Windows RT: http://msdnrss.thecoderblogs.com/2012/09/braindump-activex-in-windows-8/

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if Internet Explorer will be a full version not a cut down one? The reason that I ask is because it seems like Internet Explorer is the only Tablet Browser that works with my home office.

FWIW, the desktop screen I saw in a demo still had the IE 10 icon in the lower left corner of the taskbar. That would be consistent with Windows 8 where the scaled app version is on the start screen and the desktop version is on the desktop screen. You can also add the desktop shortcut to the start screen but the default is the scaled version.

BTW, don't bother with the Verge demo since the guy was clearly looking for reasons to be critical with lots of recurring comments about the classic desktop mode not being very touch friendly. I don't know what part of classic desktop mode the guy missed.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
So from what yall are saying, I should have no problem getting onto my companies website which supports IE to place orders. The site is not fancy just picky at which browser it supports.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
As long as you are not looking to install 3rd party plugins, you should be fine.

Flash will be built into the browser, and will not be updated by Adobe in the traditional way. Instead, the update will go through Microsoft's Windows Update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon