Any thoughts on the Acer Iconia Tab W Series W700-6607

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
does anybody think this might be a better option? it comes out 11/6/2012 and is 799 for a full Windows 8 with Intel i3 with 4 GB of RAM and 64GB Storage

Newegg.com - Acer Iconia Tab W Series W700-6607 Tablet PC 3rd Generation Intel Core i3-3217U 1.80GHz 11.6" Full HD 4GB DDR3 Memory 64GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 4000

let me know what you guys think is it a better option than the RT?

now it doesn't say it includes a keyboard which probably doesnt, so I figured I ask everybody whats their take considering this will come out before christmas time and before Surface Pro at a good price compare to the current price of 699 for the RT with Keyboard.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
well I guess nobody has an opinion on this :/ still wandering if I should cancel my order whih is the 64gb RT that is already 699 and for 799 u get a tablet which has a full feature computer bucks more than the other any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

micuioss

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
for same specs, you can have it $50 cheaper at amazon. and yes the dock( cradle) and bluetooth keyboard are included
Amazon.com: Acer Iconia W700-6607 11.6-Inch Tablet (Silver): Computers & Accessories

here is other option for i5 , 64gb

Amazon.com: Acer Iconia W700-6607 11.6-Inch Tablet (Silver): Electronics

i5, 128gb
Amazon.com: Acer Iconia W700-6465 11.6-Inch Tablet (Silver): Electronics

well i got to say you found it cheaper and I am glad you did, do you think this is a better option than the surface RT? anyhow for now I pre-Ordered the Acer for now, let me know if it was a good decision.

if yout want to watch the video of the tablet/pc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TzKlaNydAPY

Last edited:

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that is a nice tablet but I'd go with the i5 processor. There's also a 128gb hard drive option, nice. The only problem is the Acer name. I haven't had great luck with them but things do change. One question, I thought pro tablets weren't coming out until later? Maybe it was just the Surface brand.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is a nice tablet but I'd go with the i5 processor. There's also a 128gb hard drive option, nice. The only problem is the Acer name. I haven't had great luck with them but things do change. One question, I thought pro tablets weren't coming out until later? Maybe it was just the Surface brand.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

It was the surface until 2013 the i3 still more powerful than the tegra 3 from the RT

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Watch those links in post #3. Both first and second links go to a 64gb i3 version, the last one does link to a 128gb i5 1.7ghz version though.

Awesome that it includes a dock and KB though the dock is horribly designed style wise.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Watch those links in post #3. Both first and second links go to a 64gb i3 version, the last one does link to a 128gb i5 1.7ghz version though.

Awesome that it includes a dock and KB though the dock is horribly designed style wise.

I know I have the correct link for the i5 64gb and yes I ordered it and I think is a better buy than the RT which I already saw the review at IFA in youtube.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Iconia-W...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1719240

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, it is a bit larger than I would like. Unlike a RT tablet, it will probably also get a bit warm at times. I also never believe battery life estimates from Acer or Asus. Everybody exaggerates but some do so more than others. Keep in mind that, unlike any RT tablet that comes out, the Windows 8 tablets are not instant on and will go into disconnected sleep/hibernate mode to preserve battery life.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, it is a bit larger than I would like. Unlike a RT tablet, it will probably also get a bit warm at times. I also never believe battery life estimates from Acer or Asus. Everybody exaggerates but some do so more than others. Keep in mind that, unlike any RT tablet that comes out, the Windows 8 tablets are not instant on and will go into disconnected sleep/hibernate mode to preserve battery life.

actually according to people that tested it at IFA said that it was surprisingly cold, it has to ventilation holes, with active cooling, so yeah I dont think it will get warm, and well as for battery noone can tell until they have it in their hands, asus said on the prime the battery life and was dead on when I used it, and believe me I am a heavy user, as for the Acer one it was very similar with their android counterpart, and battery was spot on as well, so I don't know what to tell you but it might differ from user to user, I am pretty sure that at IFA the Tablet was constantly on to display to people and keeping the screen on would make it heat up Im sure but the reviewers were saying otherwise. now yeah the tablet is thicker than most and at 2.1 Pounds is heavier than most, well the surface pro was going to be the same weight or close to it, and well thickness is a trade off for the good price including keyboard and cradle that is a good deal.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I know I have the correct link for the i5 64gb and yes I ordered it and I think is a better buy than the RT which I already saw the review at IFA in youtube.

Yeah, I've decided to wait until all these devices are released. I still might come back to the Surface if they start to offer them with choice of color for the keyboard. I'm curious to know what you think of the Acer once you play with it.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
actually according to people that tested it at IFA said that it was surprisingly cold, it has to ventilation holes, with active cooling, so yeah I dont think it will get warm, and well as for battery noone can tell until they have it in their hands, asus said on the prime the battery life and was dead on when I used it, and believe me I am a heavy user, as for the Acer one it was very similar with their android counterpart, and battery was spot on as well, so I don't know what to tell you but it might differ from user to user, I am pretty sure that at IFA the Tablet was constantly on to display to people and keeping the screen on would make it heat up Im sure but the reviewers were saying otherwise. now yeah the tablet is thicker than most and at 2.1 Pounds is heavier than most, well the surface pro was going to be the same weight or close to it, and well thickness is a trade off for the good price including keyboard and cradle that is a good deal.

My Transformer Prime actually got middling battery life out of the box which improved with the incremental update after 4.0 and is now back to mediocre since the 4.1 update. It has certainly never gotten the claimed battery life though even at its very best. My estimate would be it would last around seven hours (max) with a lot less if streaming. That is not bad but it is also well short of claims.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
My Transformer Prime actually got middling battery life out of the box which improved with the incremental update after 4.0 and is now back to mediocre since the 4.1 update. It has certainly never gotten the claimed battery life though even at its very best. My estimate would be it would last around seven hours (max) with a lot less if streaming. That is not bad but it is also well short of claims.

Just because you didnt get what it claimed doesnt mean others wont, my prime dis well over 8 hours and i watched a lot of media, and well since this is windows not android it might be a different way it managrs battery life and it could well go up to 8 hours but we will have to see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte