Delivery of pre-order gets delayed in Canada

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I just received an email from Microsoft. This is what it said:

"Thank you for ordering on Microsoft Store Canada. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on November 2, 2012."

So the delivery date went from Oct 26 to November 2?

What was the point of pre ordering? All I know is that I better get spiffed.

Big time.:mad:

Last edited:

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Delivery of pre-order get delayed in Canada

I just received email from Microsoft Store Canada saying the delivery is delayed until November 2.

I did my preorder on the first day. Who else got the same email?

The whole email.

Dear ,

Thank you for ordering on Microsoft Store Canada. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on November 2, 2012.

Order ID:
Product ID:
Product Name: Surface wWinRT-32GB Bndl SC EN/XD Canada Hdwr English HDWR

If you have questions about your order, please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Store Canada Customer Service

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to see why it changed in Canada. Maybe they can't meet production numbers and postponed the launch outside of the US. I just ordered mine tonight so I'm waiting 1-2 weeks anyway, but we'll see if this affects anyone in the States.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The Surface site has been updated to say delivery in 1-2 weeks now. In both Canada and the U.S.

If the States is delayed as well, the press will be all over it like poop on a blanket, and will be another case of Microsoft screwing the pooch.

Stormwatch342

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
The surface site has said 1-2 weeks for a little bit now since they are "sold out"
Question is why pre orders got changed and if its just effecting canadians. Anyone outside canada get this email? Anyone in Canada who pre ordered early in the day get the email?

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm also in Canada, preordered the first day, and received the sad news this evening.

What I find curious is the wording. It says that the product's release date has changed, not that the product's delivery date has changed or that it has been placed on backorder. I'm not sure if there's any significance or if I'm just struggling to rationalize the situation. :p

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
If the delay is not global, then there's only one explanation:

Some devices ear marked for Canada are being diverted to the U.S. to ease their demand.

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
so it seems the delay is true?

Now the question is why the surface is delayed in Canada? Does the stock of pop up store also get delayed?

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Or they're shipping it on time, but are trying to provide a more realistic idea of when to expect UPS to bother to deliver the product to us. I've only ever had awful experiences with UPS.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
This really sucks. Ordered mine like 10 min after they opened preorders. I'm over 8 hours from a store so preorder was my only option but still sucks. Wish there was an explanation.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If the delay is not global, then there's only one explanation:

Some devices ear marked for Canada are being diverted to the U.S. to ease their demand.

....or there has been an import/export hangup that will delay it a few days. So which do people is more likely - something that happens on a pretty regular basis, or some RIM-esque blather about Americans screwing Canadians?

gazwik

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
msuk Pre-order

Morning!

I've received this @ 4:04 GMT

Thank you for ordering on msuk. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on 02 November 2012.

Order ID: xxxxx
Product ID: xxxxxx
Product Name: Surface wWinRT-32GB Bndl SC EngBrit Hdwr Single

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99