Editing Videos

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to edit videos on the Surface RT on programs such as Windows Live Movie Maker or Adobe Premiere Pro?

I'm considering this or the Ideapad Yoga 13, and am having trouble deciding. The price difference between the Surface and the Ideapad Yoga is significant.

Thanks for your help.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of any video editing program already announced for RT, but it is only a matter of time before there is something.

Tvan15

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Cyberlink Power Director is going to have a mobile version that will work for it. It didn't look like you could do anything crazy, but it at least had some basic functionality.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I already saw the powerdirector in the store, but it was x86/x64 only.

NKGA3.jpg

Last edited:

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
H*ll, I'd just settle for a basic photo editor/organizer at this point. There's not a single one in the app store as far as I can tell.

Would it have killed MS to bring some of their "essentials" apps (like Photo Gallery or Movie Maker) over to ARM??

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
H*ll, I'd just settle for a basic photo editor/organizer at this point. There's not a single one in the app store as far as I can tell.

Would it have killed MS to bring some of their "essentials" apps (like Photo Gallery or Movie Maker) over to ARM??

Perhaps you might want to wait a few days before deciding what they did and did not include? No one has seen everything that will ship with the initial release. There are also several photo organizers in the store and even a couple editors although the editors are quite weak. The default Photos app has already been updated at least once in the past few weeks as well. Personally, as Adobe can't afford to be on Microsoft's bad side, I expect a version of Photoshop Touch will appear sooner rather than later. Hopefully though, if CS6 Touch apps materialize, they will be more like the iPad versions than the lousy Android ones.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps you might want to wait a few days before deciding what they did and did not include? No one has seen everything that will ship with the initial release. There are also several photo organizers in the store and even a couple editors although the editors are quite weak. The default Photos app has already been updated at least once in the past few weeks as well. Personally, as Adobe can't afford to be on Microsoft's bad side, I expect a version of Photoshop Touch will appear sooner rather than later. Hopefully though, if CS6 Touch apps materialize, they will be more like the iPad versions than the lousy Android ones.

The store is what it is & is the same across every device, PC, etc (I'm running the Enterprise version right now). Are you saying you expect them to include some kind of "surprise apps" for the Surface & not the rest of the ecosystem?? I HIGHLY doubt that. Windows doesn't roll that way. Besides, you would have heard about it already (like Office RT).

And I've tried the photo apps you're talking about. They're awful. So yes, they need a solution to this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05