10-27-2012 05:14 PM
445 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I preordered very early on the 16th and this was the chat I just had with a VERY excited "Matt"...

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.

Privacy Statement
    You are now chatting with 'Matt'.

Matt: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! How can I help you today?

Tom: I'm just checking on the same thing everyone else is checking on, the status of my Surface order.

Matt: That's a great question!

Matt: I would be more than happy to help you with our new Surface Tablet!

Matt: Do you have an order number or the email address used to purchase?

Tom: ---------

Matt: Just a moment while I look into that for you.

Tom: Thanks.

Matt: You're welcome!

Matt: You will be getting this Surface tablet on October 26th.

Tom: Thanks for the confirmation.

Tom: Have a good day.

Matt: What Office suite are you currently running on your computer?

Tom: 2010

Matt: Fantastic! Office 2010 is our best Office suite ever!

Matt: Have you preordered your copy of Windows 8 yet for this computer you are on now?

Tom: Nah, I'm just going to get the Surface Pro when it comes out.

Matt: Great!!!

Matt: We are so excited about this product!!

Tom: When is that by the way?

Matt: At this time the Windows 8 Surface pro Tablet has only been announced. We do not have any release date, pricing or in depth specs on the item at this time. We hope to have information available soon!

Tom: Same here. Thanks for your time. I have to get back to work.

Matt: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Tom: Nope.
    10-24-2012 01:09 PM
    Hmm, if they're shipping from PA then I'm not so worried. I'm only two states away.
    10-24-2012 01:12 PM
    I preordered very early on the 16th and this was the chat I just had with a VERY excited "Matt"...

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.

Privacy Statement
    You are now chatting with 'Matt'.

Matt: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! How can I help you today?

Tom: I'm just checking on the same thing everyone else is checking on, the status of my Surface order.

Matt: That's a great question!

Matt: I would be more than happy to help you with our new Surface Tablet!

Matt: Do you have an order number or the email address used to purchase?

Tom: ---------

Matt: Just a moment while I look into that for you.

Tom: Thanks.

Matt: You will be getting this Surface tablet on October 26th.

Tom: Thanks for the confirmation.

Tom: Have a good day.

Matt: What Office suite are you currently running on your computer?

Tom: 2010

Matt: Fantastic! Office 2010 is our best Office suite ever!

Matt: Have you preordered your copy of Windows 8 yet for this computer you are on now?

Tom: Nah, I'm just going to get the Surface Pro when it comes out.

Matt: Great!!!

Matt: We are so excited about this product!!

Tom: When is that by the way?

Matt: At this time the Windows 8 Surface pro Tablet has only been announced. We do not have any release date, pricing or in depth specs on the item at this time. We hope to have information available soon!

Tom: Same here. Thanks for your time. I have to get back to work.

Matt: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Tom: Nope.
    Awww what a sweetheart! When im bored in class I definitely want to chat with Matt! Seemed like he was tryna sell you Win8 and office though haha
    10-24-2012 01:13 PM
    My HDMI adaptor has shipped, but not my Surface or Touch Cover yet. Odd that they don't ship all together.
    Same thing here, which is especially funny because most likely I'll be returning the adapter.
    10-24-2012 01:23 PM
    Yea just talked to microsoft store chat myself, Kevin S , said i will recieve it on Friday.

They are being sent over-night
    10-24-2012 01:24 PM
    where do you guys go to chat? i cant find it!
    10-24-2012 01:32 PM
    Just got a confirmation that my 64g won't be delivered until next week. I had to drag it out of the Live Chat guy. And yes I ordered early on the 16th from States. He kept saying "it will be delivered AT Oct 26 and your CC will be billed on 26th". I know nothing gets shipped before payment has cleared. I didn't quite understand what he meant. So I responded "So it will be next week before I get my device that clearly states on invoice delivered by Oct 26". And got and quick reply of "Yes." The play on words from invoice all the way to this guy has me more that a little upset. This is why Apple kicks MS all over the playground with new hardware. Apple knows how to get it done and MS is just stumbling in the dark.
    10-24-2012 01:37 PM
    Then you probably preordered after it switched to 1-2 week backorder.
    Nope. My receipt says 10/26. The rep said for Canadians that is not the case. It was always 1-2 weeks from purchase date.

I was pretty disappointed to say the least.
    10-24-2012 01:38 PM
    please somebody give me the link to the live chats!

edit: nvm found the big button on the front page

DOUBLE EDIT POWERRRRR: she told me to call the Order Desk...
    Last edited by berty6294; 10-24-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    10-24-2012 01:44 PM
    I ordered at 12:44pm on the 16th and received my confirmation email stating I'll get it on or before the 26th. My card was charged but the charge dropped off after about 3 days. I never saw the order in my account page and still don't as of today. I know this happens sometimes with pre-orders but I'm concerned since it’s already Wednesday. If I don't get any notification or a charge by Thursday night I will be changing my card and going to pick one up at the Microsoft store on Friday as I have gotten a reservation just in case.
    10-24-2012 02:00 PM
    I hate it when the reps don't all have the same info. It makes it so difficult and confusing. Why cant they all follow the info they get.
    10-24-2012 02:04 PM
    Julie: As i checked, since it is a pre order,,the release date is on Oct 26 and it is ready to ship from that day
    You: so i wont be getting it until next week?
    Julie: you will receive an e-mail confirmation once the surface will be ship
    Julie: you will receive the estimated date of when you will receive it
    You: But it wont be leaving the warehouse until the 26th?
    Julie: It is ready to be ship by the 26th of Oct
    You: So there's no guarantee that my Surface will be on my doorstep by the end of the 26th?
    Julie: if you avail it with the standard shipping, you will receive it 5-7 business days
    You: but when i ordered it, the receipt states "Product release date: your order will be delivered by 10/26" Is this incorrect?
    Julie: alright
    Julie: in that case, you will receive it on that day
    You: fantastic news Julie, thank you very much!
    Julie: i can assure you that it will be delivered on the 26th
    Julie: it's my pleasure
    You: have a great day
    Julie: Is there anything else that I can help you with?
    You: that would be all, thank you

Fantastic haha
    10-24-2012 02:05 PM
    They're all confused... You can tell.
    Im starting to doubt my own chat from this morning.. I still haven't gotten my tracking and its past 2 EST.
    10-24-2012 02:12 PM
    The surface twitter account told me the store is still working on sending out notices and if my receipt says the 26th I'll get it then.
    10-24-2012 02:12 PM
    The surface twitter account told me the store is still working on sending out notices and if my receipt says the 26th I'll get it then.
    yeh that's pretty much what got out of my lovely Julie! I'll remember our conversation together for the rest of my life! <3
    10-24-2012 02:14 PM
    My surface shipped early yesterday morning with 3-day select and is scheduled to arrive Friday; however, my Cyan touch cover shipped this morning UPS ground and is scheduled to arrive on Monday... :( I hope UPS is wrong and it shows up Friday.
    I ordered my surface 32GB without touch cover on the 16th right after they went on presale, I ordered a cyan touch cover and a VGA adaptor as well with my order. I have a tracking number for the surface system but the touch cover and vga adaptor still says processing. I called Microsoft yesterday and was told that my entire order will be delivered by the end of the day on the 26th. Hope so, touch cover and vga adaptor still says processing, Oh well well see in two days!
    10-24-2012 02:17 PM
    People need to realize that just because they haven't updated your order status, doesn't mean they don't have it sitting in a box with a shipping label.
    10-24-2012 02:18 PM
    People need to realize that just because they haven't updated your order status, doesn't mean they don't have it sitting in a box with a shipping label.
    oh I totally agree, but when people started reporting that reps were saying that it would still take 1-2 weeks, I started getting worried!
    10-24-2012 02:21 PM
    where do you guys go to chat? i cant find it!
    Spend 3 minutes on the site and it will pop up in the middle of the page EVERY TIME. Trust me, it's super annoying. Especially when I have tabs for multiple products open and I have to cancel it out on each one.
    10-24-2012 02:24 PM
    Just got a confirmation that my 64g won't be delivered until next week. I had to drag it out of the Live Chat guy. And yes I ordered early on the 16th from States. He kept saying "it will be delivered AT Oct 26 and your CC will be billed on 26th". I know nothing gets shipped before payment has cleared. I didn't quite understand what he meant. So I responded "So it will be next week before I get my device that clearly states on invoice delivered by Oct 26". And got and quick reply of "Yes." The play on words from invoice all the way to this guy has me more that a little upset. This is why Apple kicks MS all over the playground with new hardware. Apple knows how to get it done and MS is just stumbling in the dark.
    I am going to preface this with the statement that Apple is not actually much better and Google is infinitely worse. With that said, however, I just cancelled my order after speaking to customer service. I told the person that the reason I was cancelling was that it was Wednesday of the week of delivery; the purchase was still only listed as a pending charge by my bank; the status had not been updated on the account web page; and I had not received a tracking number. The person took a second to check her screen and then said that 1) she understood, and 2) she would cancel the order for me. About a minute later, I had a cancellation number. Quite frankly, it was all very polite and professional but there was no effort at all to claim that the package was going to be shipped/delivered on time. On my front, I will just swing by the Scottsdale store on Friday morning.

I really have to say that anyone who is contacting customer support about status should not just take the person's word if they just confirm 10/26. You should ask them to update your order history to reflect a change in shipping method to accommodate two-day or overnight delivery. If they cannot do that then there is no guarantee. I have been down that route before with multiple retailers and they just end up blaming the shipper when it doesn't arrive on time. It like blaming congress or a president or any politician for X, Y, or Z - many people will accept blame directed at a shipper because it is so often true.

People should keep in mind that if the person only confirms what the status page already says and does not update the information to reflect a change in shipping, they are really just reading from a script. On my end I knew it had not yet gotten anywhere close to shipping because I am part of program with UPS whereby they immediately email me a shipping notification as soon as a tracking number is assigned to my address. This happens before there are even any details on the package. These notifications always arrive well in advance of the retailer informing me that some thing has "shipped." As the order hadn't even made it way out of the processing starting blocks, that made it very unlikely it would be processed for shipping today and I consider it extremely unlikely they will really overnight anything tomorrow. Given the person didn't even suggest that might happen, I have no doubt that delivery was actually going to be next week.
    10-24-2012 02:31 PM
    Actually, quite the opposite is usually true. If a charge has not changed from pending to actual, and your purchase is still listed as having standard shipping, they are not guaranteeing anything. This is a simple enough dbms in the case. Once it has a shipping label, which represents a contractual agreement between the shipper and retailer, the status should change in the system. You might not get an email saying it has shipped, or that it will be shipped for delivery on XXXXX date, but the system has been updated, the status should be updated to reflect the change. Tracking numbers come with the shipping label and it all happens electronically before the product is anywhere close to being on a pallet - none of it is manual. No charge + no status change + no tracking number + no revision in shipping method from standard = no guarantee.
    10-24-2012 02:44 PM
    Well, not EVERYONE will get it on the 26th that was told they'll get it then. There will be delays for some. It's impossible to avoid. So some people (myself included) are reasonably paranoid.
    10-24-2012 02:45 PM
    Well, not EVERYONE will get it on the 26th that was told they'll get it then. There will be delays for some. It's impossible to avoid. So some people (myself included) are reasonably paranoid.
    Well yea. The order page itself updated to reflect this. I am referring to the people who ordered it prior to that.

Unless there was some sort of billing issue, you should get it on the 26th if you ordered it prior to the backorder.
    10-24-2012 02:48 PM
    Following this thread has kept me laughing all day. Everyone needs to just chill and relax. And yes, I pre-ordered one as well.
    10-24-2012 02:51 PM
    following this thread has kept me laughing all day. Everyone needs to just chill and relax. And yes, i pre-ordered one as well.
    you dont understand pal! Like i need this now! Im freeeeaaakin out!
    10-24-2012 02:54 PM
445 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD