Is your surface in process or has it shipped

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
*IF YOU'RE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT ARRIVING ON TIME READ THIS LITTLE STORY*

Ok so on my post earlier I said that I talked to a guy who told me mine was backordered despite ordering it hours before the backorder notice went up. Well, I called again to speak to someone else, and they basically said this:

Rest assured, despite what the shipping status says, your products will definitely be there on the 26th.

He explained how the shipping info is updated (and why it hasn't been updated) but he had a heavy accented so I couldn't really understand him.

But here's the best part, the original guy called back to tell me he made a mistake and that my products would for sure be here on the 26th. So yeah, I'm confident.

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
mine now shows this - Oct 24, 2012 21:18In transitNARITA-SHI JP

I'm a little leery about this thing being here on a delivery truck...out for delivery On friday.

That time that is showing is destination time, meaning it just left Japan. That's like 6500 miles away not including any stops, offloading or onloading to get to my local distribution center and onto a truck out for delivery friday morning. That's less than 36 hours away!

Just like to add, I am sure they know what they are doing but just wow if it happens!! =)

Last edited:

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Imagine nothing comes? It seems Microsoft was very unprepared for the shipping of this many devices. I think they underestimated their fanboys ;) Hopefully they get their act together and something can still be done with the 2 days left.

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm 99% sure there was a thread (or two) like this for the Lumia 900 preorder. And I seem to recall most of us getting our phones when they said we would. I wouldn't worry too much, though I realize that's part of the fun. I'm definitely worried I won't get my Touch Cover until Monday, but if that happens, I can always run to the MS store and get one.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the 32 GB (without touch cover) and a Type Cover. I received a shipment notification for the Type Cover but no news on the Surface. I called Microsoft today and was informed that I would receive the Surface on the 26th if I ordered before the 19th. My order date was 10/17, so I guess I should be OK. The shipment trick returns tracking information for my type cover. I know it does not include the Surface because the weight of the shipment is under 2 lbs.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Well they are sending me a 32gb on the 26th I cancelled and a 64gb on mon 29th(even though when I ordered it it said for delivery by the 26th). Not a good situation as they will probably charge my card for each surface and only refund it after I send it back. So stupid.

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Has any Canadian tried this trick?

I tried from Oct 22 to Oct 24, but got nothing.

Also, the reference number that Canadian store gave doesn't have the MS prefix.

I'm worrying about the delivery date now.
I have with no luck, I have also tried the www.findmyorder.com link and it can't find my order number at all. Has any Canuck been able to log on to findmyorder.com ?

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Update, just got email that my Surface and Cyan Touch Cover shipped in the same UPS package. Hopefully it comes in time. The HDMI Adaptor that shipped earlier appears to be scheduled for Monday even though its 2nd Day Air.

I ordered right before noon on the 16th.

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have with no luck, I have also tried the www.findmyorder.com link and it can't find my order number at all. Has any Canuck been able to log on to findmyorder.com ?

No luck on findmyorder.com either.

When I asked for password reset, I got

The password you requested is: <PASSWORD_BASED_ON_ORDER>

woah pal, had to drop the C bomb!

From the sounds of it Canadian residents havnt recieved any shipping info at all and only a select few US residents have.

I'm afraid that is true.

I just received two emails from Microsoft Store so far.

The first one said Canadian release date has been delayed to Nov 2. The second one corrected the first one, and promised the delivery will be on Oct 26.

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
woah pal, had to drop the C bomb!

From the sounds of it Canadian residents havnt recieved any shipping info at all and only a select few US residents have.
We Are All Canucks! Or so the saying goes.

I contacted customer service at findmyorder and the automated message also suggested DHL and USPS. I tried both (even knowing that USPS was going to be a fail) and got nothing.

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
No luck on findmyorder.com either.

When I asked for password reset, I got

The password you requested is: <PASSWORD_BASED_ON_ORDER>

I'm afraid that is true.

I just received two emails from Microsoft Store so far.

The first one said Canadian release date has been delayed to Nov 2. The second one corrected the first one, and promised the delivery will be on Oct 26.
I also got that same password reset, it does not nothing. Maybe our orders aren't being processed as of yet. I hope by Friday.

Digital Savior

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft still reports in process. Checked with UPS and Fed Ex. Fed Ex reports delivery on time for the 26th by 10:30a. Landed in Japan from China at 9:18pm, still there according to details. They still haven't charged my bank card yet.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This is clearly going to be a test of how well FedEx logistics work. Mine says Shipment exception and is due for Oct 29th, but seeing mattgrif's story up there (almost same details as mine, only I ordered on Oct 19th at 2:00 a.m. EST) makes me believe I will get it Oct 26th, my birthday :)

My HDMI adapter, on the other hand, is in Ontario, CA, US.

tristan.rice

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Not having the best of experiences here.

No confirmation of shipping date. No tracking information. None of the tricks are working.

So here is what's happened my side.

Made my order on the UK site within 5 minutes of the preorder going live. Recieved order confirmation and all the details, no problems. Surface 32GB with Touch Cover, Type Cover, HDMI and VGA adaptor.

Set the shipping address to my office in Spain. (Seemed there are no issues with this at the time).
Anyway, next day I can't access the online store. I kept getting redirected to Microsoft Store Spain. Apparently they had broken their regional site redirect behaviour with the store updates. So for a few days I couldn't access the GB store, couldn't access my account.

I also found out that calling the toll free 0800 numbers from Spain is a no go. You get a message "The number you have dialed has not yet been assigned to one of our customers." ...

So no store access, can't call them, and online chat agents can't help with store requests here apparently.

Luckily the store has started working again, so I can access the UK store and my account. By then I had recieved the email that my order would be delayed until the 2nd of November, and then the subsequent email saying that it would be delivered on the original date of the 26th.

Then I found out on the online store that they don't ship UK orders to non-UK addresses because of some Fedex policy.

So now I'm **** out of luck. I've got no guarantee that my order will even be sent, no tracking number as yet, a conflicting indication of the supposed delivery date and no way to clarify any of this information.

I'm going to try the chat again, but after 5 times I don't think I'm suddenly going to find that they can help me.

I can't even cancel!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers