Is your surface in process or has it shipped

mattrees

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone from the UK received anything?
Just phoned Microsoft and was told that shipping would not begin until tomorrow (26th). When I said that my order confirmation e mail stated that DELIVERY would be by the 26th he denied this and said that they wouldn't begin to ship out items until midnight tonight.

Not sure whether they do this in order of orders i.e. if you ordered first yours will be shipped first, and I suppose it's possible that some people will get theirs delivered tomorrow but he did say it could be any time up until the 30th - which is disappointing as the e mail specifically stated delivery by the 26th.

So that's the latest info I have as far as the UK situation is concerned.

Regenbui

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just phoned Microsoft and was told that shipping would not begin until tomorrow (26th). When I said that my order confirmation e mail stated that DELIVERY would be by the 26th he denied this and said that they wouldn't begin to ship out items until midnight tonight.

Not sure whether they do this in order of orders i.e. if you ordered first yours will be shipped first, and I suppose it's possible that some people will get theirs delivered tomorrow but he did say it could be any time up until the 30th - which is disappointing as the e mail specifically stated delivery by the 26th.

Same here, my e-mail also states the 26th, so i'm a bit disappointed.

tristan.rice

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess I'll wait for tomorrow to see if I get confirmation of the shipping then. I'm not pleased that it won't arrive tomorrow, but I can wait.

It's a pity that Microsoft hasn't made as much effort with their International customers as they have in the US.

I get that this is their first major boxed product that they're launching from their online store in such a way, but they definitely need to improve a lot of the experience surrounding their pre and post order service.

There is just a ton of missing functionality and information on the site. Hopefully this improves by the time I can order a Surface Pro...

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
One thing I love about Amazon is that they keep you up to date when the product is order, shipped and estimated delivery dates; it seems that very few online stores can replicate this way of working.

Robert RT

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Exactly the same for germany. They said it will be shipped today or tomorrow and I looked up the guidelines for preorders which say the same. Really a pity, I thought too I could get my hands on the device at launch day. :(

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Cant find anything on any of the sites (UK user).

I'm expecting a failure because so far this year I've had 10 'important' deliveries and:

1 has been delivered on time
4 have been delayed by either 1 or 2 days
5 havent been delivered at all and a new product has had to be sent out

All I need now is to find MS are using YODEL in the UK and I'll be all set for a heart attack :mad:

Got the Friday off work to get this, and the Monday off as well just in case it doesn't come Friday/Saturday (as Im getting it delivered back home where im going for the weekend, and not to where Im living atm).

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
This has a lot to do with the third party supply chain. Digital river is doing Microsoft's orders, that company is so epic fail on up to date info.

ljack112

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the forums (account just started today to post this comment) but wanted to share my dealing with Microsoft yesterday over the shipping process of the surface pre orders.

I am heading out of the country with my job next week and needed the surface to be delivered by Monday. My online receipt guaranteed delivery by 10/26. After receiving no shipping notification I called Microsoft to make sure that my surface was shipping or would be here by the 26th as promised. They told me that they won't reach the customers by the 26th because the aren't being shipping out until that date. The guy on the phone apologized for the "inconvenience" but told me there was nothing they could do. He stated the tablet will be here in 3-7 business days after shipment (on the 26th) - so regrettably I had to cancel my preorder. When I asked to cancel the Microsoft employee got really offended and grilled me about why I couldn't just wait. Well I wanted to post this to let you guys know to not expect you tablets on 10/26 -- looks like I am going to have to figure something else out for my tablet needs. This is a huge disappointment and MS has let me down a little!

ljack112

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the forums (account just started today to post this comment) but wanted to share my dealing with Microsoft yesterday over the shipping process of the surface pre orders.

I am heading out of the country with my job next week and needed the surface to be delivered by Monday. My online receipt guaranteed delivery by 10/26. After receiving no shipping notification I called Microsoft to make sure that my surface was shipping or would be here by the 26th as promised. They told me that they won't reach the customers by the 26th because the aren't being shipping out until that date. The guy on the phone apologized for the "inconvenience" but told me there was nothing they could do. He stated the tablet will be here in 3-7 business days after shipment (on the 26th) - so regrettably I had to cancel my preorder. When I asked to cancel the Microsoft employee got really offended and grilled me about why I couldn't just wait. Well I wanted to post this to let you guys know to not expect you tablets on 10/26 -- looks like I am going to have to figure something else out for my tablet needs. This is a huge disappointment and MS has let me down a little!
Sorry for the bad grammar I was in a hurry trying to post thus before work

tyrok

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Got my shipment conformation this morning at 1:50 am. My 32gb Surface and Cyan Touch cover are being shipped together and the package weighs 3.9 lbs. No info on when it will get here yet but I'm most curious about where its coming from. Seems like the ones coming directly from China are having the Touch cover come from somewhere else.

courtlandre

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Looks like US tablets have arrived on US soil! Mine shows arriving at alaska earlier this morning. Says estimated delivery is Friday by 9:30am and I'm in North Carolina.

Maishogg

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
(US) I finally got my shipping label from UPS and It says it's being shipped by next day air. So I'm happy =)

Label Created On:
10/25/2012
Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 10/26/2012, by 10:30 A.M.

Last edited:

courtlandre

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Where in NC? I'm in Charlotte and haven't heard a peep about mine. I'm starting to get annoyed.

Raleigh, have you done the tracking trick? Go to fedex, track by reference, put ship date as 23rd, put in your order# from MS WITHOUT the ms part at the front. Also try UPS.

For clarification, I ordered 32GB w/ touch cover. I think others might be coming from other locations and may have not actually shipped yet if coming from within the US.

wpb211

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Estimated Arrival: 10/29 by 4:30pm

Not a happy camper. Like most of you, I ordered on 10/16. Mine appears to have shipped from China via FedEx.

Update: Has not left China as of 8AM - Boooo

Last edited:

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Never pre-ordering from Microsoft's online store again. This is a complete and total cluster.

As with most others, I ordered within the first few minutes of orders going live on the 16th. But, my Surface is still in China as of this post, and my card hasn't been charged, and estimated delivery is the 29th. Unacceptable.

Last edited:

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Raleigh, have you done the tracking trick? Go to fedex, track by reference, put ship date as 23rd, put in your order# from MS WITHOUT the ms part at the front. Also try UPS.

For clarification, I ordered 32GB w/ touch cover. I think others might be coming from other locations and may have not actually shipped yet if coming from within the US.

I did, shows no results. Ordered a 32 without cover.

I just called the Store and the lady said it's been shipped, I just haven't gotten tracking info yet. Which is stupid. But then she said I'll get it tomorrow, so...

WasStoNed

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
(UK) Can people pre-fix posts with their location as I think all us European guys keep getting excited for nothing.....

I too have been told I will get it by the 30th of October, which is a bit of a pisser, and I probably won't be home so make that 31st :-(

rubes31

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Got my email last night, ordered on the first day around 12:10 EST. UPS next day air for my 32GB w/o touch cover, and red touch cover together (3.9 lbs), headed to Miami!

Edit: In Harrisburg, PA delivered by 10:30 tomorrow!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb