For those of us who cannot order online (address issue) and are not near a pop-up store, will "normal" retailers be stocking the Surface?

This information seems to be hard to find, which makes me a bit concerned.
    10-21-2012 10:33 PM
    Not initially as far as I can tell. I read MS has concern of how retailers will display the Surface along with the training of their employees. The closest MS store for me is 3+ hours in Vegas. If they didn't have release date delivery, I would have had my g/f pick one up for me since she will be there this week.
    10-21-2012 10:49 PM
    Interesting... and frustrating. Typically I am an early adopter but I got so burned on the PlayBook I want to try this thing out. I am 1200km from the closest MS store of any sort :s

I guess I will watch the comments that hopefully will flood in here over the weekend, read some reviews, and use a buddy's address to have one delivered.
    Last edited by the_thunderbird; 10-21-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    10-21-2012 10:54 PM
    For those of us who cannot order online (address issue) and are not near a pop-up store, will "normal" retailers be stocking the Surface?

This information seems to be hard to find, which makes me a bit concerned.
    Simple answer is no. It will only be sold through Microsoft Stores and kiosks, and through the Microsoft online store. If it looks like a success, however, my bet is they might strike a deal for exclusive sales through some retailer. More often than not that would be BestBuy since they pumped a lot of money into the company in the past to keep it afloat. Just a guess on my part though....
    10-21-2012 11:01 PM
    Despite the fact that I would have preferred to get my hands on a device before ordering, Microsoft does not and will not have a store in Michigan so I pre-ordered it. Out of curiosity, have you called Microsoft to see if there was any way to solve your address issue or is it something that cannot be helped?
    10-21-2012 11:21 PM
    I have not called. Not too worried though, I have a lot of friends LOL. Living on a military base and only have a rural PO box.
    10-21-2012 11:36 PM
    Other Windows tablets will be stocked though. At my local Best Buy they have the Asus on display. I know they have to have some in stock, but couldn't get them to sell me one. I may try later in the week, like Thursday night.
    10-22-2012 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD