Surface Shipping Details (UK)

whereissurface

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, we should at least get a ?100 voucher. Seeing as their erroneous cancellation made us wait for at least another 3 weeks, I would be more satisfyied with getting ?150 off (?50/week seems acceptable). In any case, we'd be mistaken for idiots if we accepted anything less that ?100 for their mistake...

Anyone else agree with me on this one?

Definitely! ?100 store credit to subsidise my new order, which will have to placed on Friday because that's how long the money will be reserved on my account for. Have they never charged cards before?! Very disappointing.

lmckinley

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good! Waiting (im)patiently in East Lancs at the moment. Doesn't help that the guy down the street keeps coming and going in his truck...
Im near Hull so I'm not sure if they will let get here today. UPS van doesn't usually arrive here untill around 4.00pm ish sometimes later on a Monday. Fingers are still crossed.

paolo lance

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned in a previous post, my order was cancelled after Microsoft tried to take my money twice, which my bank rightfully refused as a duplicate transaction.

I talked to support, told them that the initial payment is still authorised and it's their fault for not handing it properly. They admitted that there is a problem with their system and that several clients have complained about this. All these cases will be escalated and, they expect, satisfactorily resolved.

In my opinion, we should at least get a ?100 voucher. Seeing as their erroneous cancellation made us wait for at least another 3 weeks, I would be more satisfyied with getting ?150 off (?50/week seems acceptable). In any case, we'd be mistaken for idiots if we accepted anything less that ?100 for their mistake...

Anyone else agree with me on this one?
I did, just because of its f'n fool double authorization.

Savagekitten

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've just arrived home to find a "missed delivery" slip from UPS - now this is where that flippin' shipping notification email would have been handy *grins*

Still, I'm happy that it's nearly here - I just need to decide if I go collect it, or have it redelivered tomorrow and take the day off to wait for it... ah, seeing as my nearest UPS location is 45 mins away, I think I'll be waiting in tomorrow morning for it :)

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Definitely! ?100 store credit to subsidise my new order, which will have to placed on Friday because that's how long the money will be reserved on my account for. Have they never charged cards before?! Very disappointing.

I tried for ?50 but ?100 would be better, apparently I'll hear back in the next 48hours. I've already re-ordered mine, my bank helpfully sorted out an instant payment to my card to push my available balance back up, but a free extended warranty or VGA adapter would be very nice.

allymonty1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 22nd (Edinburgh) and phoned up today. Apparently it has went through ok and should be dispatched within 72 hours. My order status still says pending and the pre-order date says the 2nd. So looks like that's about right and i should have it by Friday :)

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
UPS came back with a second delivery this afternoon but no Surface for me. Seems like a lot of deliveries need to happen tomorrow, for Microsoft's sake...! :mad:

I ordered on the 16th before 5pm BST.

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I tried for ?50 but ?100 would be better, apparently I'll hear back in the next 48hours. I've already re-ordered mine, my bank helpfully sorted out an instant payment to my card to push my available balance back up, but a free extended warranty or VGA adapter would be very nice.

Yup, "hopefully" 48 hours is what they told me as well. The lady I talked to seemed pretty confident that the resolution would be another voucher, I said it'd better be for a substantial amount, she said she couldn't promise anything as she didn't have the information. She also said that it might take longer because of the large number of cases needing to be escalated.

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yup, "hopefully" 48 hours is what they told me as well. The lady I talked to seemed pretty confident that the resolution would be another voucher, I said it'd better be for a substantial amount, she said she couldn't promise anything as she didn't have the information. She also said that it might take longer because of the large number of cases needing to be escalated.

I also hope part of their solution is to make sure anyone who was affected first time has their new payment handled manually, so if it goes wrong again they can fix it this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss