11-02-2012 03:11 PM
750 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Just spoke to MS Support they have absolutely NO IDEA when they will be delivered. Absolute joke!
    10-30-2012 04:48 AM
    Here we are again - no change to my online order or bank account [still reserved but not charged]. The work post room is going to have another day of hourly sweeps...

If the CS team can't tell us anything, UPS can't tell us anything - where does that leave us?
    10-30-2012 04:50 AM
    Just spoke to MS Support they have absolutely NO IDEA when they will be delivered. Absolute joke!
    Just spoke to them. They were really rude.

She said that every order will definitely get a dispatch email when it leaves the warehouse and that she has no idea when they will arrive. Then put the phone down on me.
    10-30-2012 04:54 AM

She said that every order will definitely get a dispatch email when it leaves the warehouse and that she has no idea when they will arrive. Then put the phone down on me.
    I'd rank HP as the worst CS phone team I've ever dealt with but I've yet to call the MS guys... :mad:
    10-30-2012 04:58 AM

What a b***h! Now customer services are getting pissed with us.... great.
    10-30-2012 05:00 AM
    This is really strange, I got my shipping email in the early hours of this morning with a tracking link but the website is garbage, I have no idea who it's being shipped with and it hardly has any information at all.

The site is track.ms-wismo.com
    10-30-2012 05:09 AM
    This is really strange, I got my shipping email in the early hours of this morning with a tracking link but the website is garbage, I have no idea who it's being shipped with and it hardly has any information at all.

The site is track.ms-wismo.com
    A few people got that email, I'm beginning to think that email was a mistake rather than the norm. The website is for corporate users.

The shipping will DEFINITELY be with UPS:
    http://www.ups.com/europe/gb/engindex.html

Let me know what you find
    10-30-2012 05:12 AM
    Out of interest, what shipping method does you order state, mine says standard, I was not given an option at time of ordering.
    10-30-2012 05:14 AM
    A few people got that email, I'm beginning to think that email was a mistake rather than the norm. The website is for corporate users.

The shipping will DEFINITELY be with UPS:
    Welcome to UPS

Let me know what you find
    Annoyingly the tracking number I have doesn't work on the UPS website.
    10-30-2012 05:16 AM
    Out of interest, what shipping method does you order state, mine says standard, I was not given an option at time of ordering.
    Standard shipping here too, with no other options given during the order.
    10-30-2012 05:17 AM
    Just saw a UPS lady walking through the Atrium here with three surface sized packages....
    10-30-2012 05:20 AM
    Just saw a UPS lady walking through the Atrium here with three surface sized packages....
    Oh how I wish it my our work Atrium - not in Camden by any chance? ;)
    10-30-2012 05:22 AM
    Don't tease us.

Also, there are UPS ladies?
    10-30-2012 05:24 AM
    I've tried my best to have the patients to wait until Friday which I assumed would be the worst case scenario with the hope it would arrive yesterday (now living in hope of today!). I ordered on the 16th and now I'm reading about people receiving theirs (or at least getting delivery notification) even though they ordered days after me! That's not on!!! I'm in Edinburgh not some remote desert island!

I was going to call them but that doesn't seem to be working out so well for a few of you. I've been scathing about the logistics of this dispatch and their lack of communication on the feedback forms that have been sent to me but that's not the guy on the end of the phone's fault.

I have a fair sum of money set aside to take my family and business into an MS fully interlinked ecosystem and now I'm thinking that may not be a good idea. My mind hasn't changed yet but I'm glad I've tested the water with one order before fully committing!I'm sure it'll be fine when the dust settles but they should have more respect for early adopters.

When I do call (Probably tomorrow so I give them a chance of meeting today's target), if someone is rude to me like that, MS will not hear the end of my complaints and they will not see any more of my investment. There's no excuse for rude customer service!
    rOIVAz likes this.
    10-30-2012 05:25 AM
    Don't tease us.

Also, there are UPS ladies?
    Yes, quite a pretty UPS lady. No email from the post room though. I'm guessing none of them were mine :/
    10-30-2012 05:31 AM
    I note that by this time yesterday, some people had started posting that their shipment had arrived, so far today, nothing. My guess is that a batch got delivered yesterday and the next batch is not yet available - probably the manufacturing plant(s) were unable to ramp up to meet the un-anticipated demand. I used to work in electronics Manufacturing for many years and the marketing people would invariably screw up their forecasts than blame the manufacturing and logistics people when demand outstripped supply (or when piles of unsold inventory were left over). I do hope I am wrong!!!

This whole mess proves 3 things to me:-

1) Microsoft are not a global company, they only understand the USA.

2) Microsoft are not set up to do retail hardware products from a demand planning and logistics standpoint.

3) Microsoft do not understand customer service - I run my own retail business now, I will not tolerate people being rude to customers (even if the customer is a PITA which some are!). Like my Grandad used to say, if you want to sell stuff you gotta smile while your taking peoples money!
    10-30-2012 05:39 AM
    Anyone who already received Surface - could you please write how big was the package? Is it just a little bit bigger then Surface itself or it is some ridiculous box?
    thanks
    10-30-2012 06:02 AM
    Its now gone 11 and I haven't of anyone receiving one today!
    10-30-2012 06:04 AM
    Anyone who already received Surface - could you please write how big was the package? Is it just a little bit bigger then Surface itself or it is some ridiculous box?
    thanks
    I too would like to know what is weight and dimension of package because I want to forward shipment to other country without repacking.
    10-30-2012 06:07 AM
    Its now gone 11 and I haven't of anyone receiving one today!
    I've seen some tweets from people who've received theirs today, but nowhere near as many as yesterday.
    10-30-2012 06:12 AM
    I've seen some tweets from people who've received theirs today, but nowhere near as many as yesterday.
    Thats a bit of goods news then
    10-30-2012 06:13 AM
    Ok so I had a chat with a fairly helpful customer service rep... here's the transcript I thought you'd like to see.

Ordered at 5:15pm on October 16th...

Privacy Statement You are now chatting with 'MSUK Rep'.
    MSUK Rep: Thank you for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! How can I help you today?
    Me: Hello, I am wondering if there is any update on the surfaces now...I haven’t received a shipped email and ordered on the 16th - looks like the money has been taken. I was promised multiple times it'd be delivered today. Can you help at all?
    MSUK Rep: I would be glad to assist you with that.
    Me: The order no. is xxxxxx
    Me: Thanks
    MSUK Rep: Thank you very much, I will search for it now.
    MSUK Rep: Sir, I have your order in front of me.
    Me: Ok
    MSUK Rep: Could you please verify a few pieces of information first? Just so as to check the ownership of this order.
    Me: no problem
    MSUK Rep: Thank you.
    MSUK Rep: Please confirm: your full name, the email address used for this purchase and your billing address.
    Me: <Confirms>
    MSUK Rep: Thank you very much for this information.
    Me: not a problem
    MSUK Rep: Sir, I see here that the payment has been authorized, but not yet charged. It will only be charged the moment the product is shipped from our warehouse.
    MSUK Rep: As for the delay, we do apologize for this unpleasant situation.
    MSUK Rep: I understand how it can be frustrating.
    Me: I was promised multiple times by different people that it would be here by today...I have taken three days off work and cannot have any more
    Me: this is very frustrating, yes
    MSUK Rep: But I see here that an email has been sent to you announcing that you should receive it by the 2nd of November.
    Me: Yes, but another email was sent afterwards saying I'd have it by the 26th
    Me: It’s now the 30th
    MSUK Rep: I understand. I would be upset in your situation too.
    Me: What can be done?
    Me: As I cant be here to receive the order, and I cant get to the depot
    Me: as I've used my three days leave at work waiting here for it to arrive as promised
    Me: can I have an upgrade to Saturday delivery?
    MSUK Rep: Unfortunately, due to the really large number of requests for the Surface tablet and Windows 8, we have not managed to ship all of the orders in time. We are doing our best to solve this and deliver all the tablets as soon as possible.
    MSUK Rep: Once again, we are terribly sorry for this.
    Me: That's not good enough though is it, I ordered fifteen minutes after orders were open and I've not got one when others have who ordered after me
    Me: I'm more frustrated that I've used time off work for no reason, waiting about in the house
    MSUK Rep: If you would allow me just a few moments I can check my resources and consult with my supervisor to see if we have any new information.
    Me: Thank you. I appreciate that
    MSUK Rep: No problem, I will be right with you.
    MSUK Rep: Thank you very much for your patience.
    Me: No problem
    MSUK Rep: I am sorry it took so long, was investigating a solution for this issue.
    Me: That's great
    MSUK Rep: Please allow me to present to you what I have found during this time.
    MSUK Rep: Basically, we were expecting the tablets to be delivered until Wednesday, so there should be some time for it to arrive during today.
    Me: Ok...
    MSUK Rep: However, in order to assist you in case this would not happen today, I would suggest another solution.
    MSUK Rep: I understand that you will not be available at your home address from tomorrow and you do not have another way of receiving it there anymore.
    Me: That's right
    MSUK Rep: What we can do in this situation would be to change the shipping address to your work one. That way, the surface will be delivered there, allowing you to receive it.
    MSUK Rep: I will also open up a case for you and provide you with a reference number, in case there are further issues.
    Me: I am unable to have things delivered to my work but I can see if there's somewhere else I can have it delivered
    Me: That would be good MSUK Rep: That way, we will have knowledge about this the next time you contact us, should it be necessary.
    MSUK Rep: Oh, ok.
    MSUK Rep: Sir, in that case, I could create this reference number for you and send a follow up email. To this email, you could reply with the address that you wish to have the product delivered to.
    MSUK Rep: Would you like that?
    Me: Is there absolutely no way we can upgrade to a Saturday delivery? That would be best
    Me: Yes I would like to do that please
    MSUK Rep: I can check this, just a few questions please.
    MSUK Rep: Sir, thank you for waiting.
    Me: That's ok
    MSUK Rep: Unfortunately, we are not sure that UPS delivers on Saturday too.
    MSUK Rep: About the person whose shipping address you were going to provide, just to make sure there are no issues with the delivery, I need to ask you if they have the same surname as you.
    Me: No they do not
    Me: And UPS does deliver on Saturday but for a fee it says here! https://www.ups.com/uis/guest? loc=en_GB MSUK Rep: I'm just a bit worried because I don't want there to be any issues with UPS not wanting to give the package to them.
    MSUK Rep: I see.
    Me: I think after using three days of leave at work unnecessarily a small fee paid by Microsoft wouldn't be too much to ask?
    Me: It really is the only option for me or I'm going to have to cancel
    Me: I cannot have it delivered anywhere...my friends all work Monday-Friday 9-5. My partner's workplace cannot accept courier deliveries. Which is why I took one (Which ended up as three) days off work to accept it here at home
    MSUK Rep: I do understand.
    Me: And having being promised delivery before the 30th I didn't think we'd be in this situation - I'm sorry to rant to you but it is extremely frustrating
    MSUK Rep: Once again, I am sorry for the situation.
    MSUK Rep: Please allow me just a few moments more to check with my supervisor again and see what we can do.
    Me: Thanks...
    MSUK Rep:, I have checked every resource available. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to intervene so as to have the product delivered on Saturday, as the order is already in process.
    MSUK Rep: However, please know that before UPS will deliver the product, they will probably contact you to know when you are available to receive it.
    Me: ok
    Me: well I guess there’s nothing that can be done then
    Me: very disappointing...but thanks for trying
    MSUK Rep: I am very sorry for this
    Me: It is a real shame there has been such bad communication from Microsoft - a 500 investment really deserves better respect towards customers Me: So there is nothing we can do then I guess I will just have to hope that it arrives when I am home from work after 4:30pm
    Me: Which is unlikely, I expect the product will end up being sent back to Microsoft after multiple failed deliveries
    MSUK Rep: I think you can ask UPS to have it delivered after 4:30, as you will receive an email with the tracking number when it is shipped.
    MSUK Rep: It is unfortunate and I totally understand your frustration, but I still have faith that you will receive this package.
    Me: well, thanks for your help
    MSUK Rep: No problem, thank you for chatting with us.
    MSUK Rep: And have a good day, sir.
    Me: You too...bye
    MSUK Rep: Thank you. Goodbye!

TL;DR - Just wait - there's nothing we can do.
    Last edited by rhocalcam; 10-30-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    10-30-2012 06:19 AM
    Wandered down to the post room (again) and still no sign.

Does seem like ordering so early was utterly pointless.
    10-30-2012 06:26 AM
    Finally got to the bottom of my surface order.............they tried to charge me twice! So the bank stopped payment.

When I rang microsoft they denied it! Saying the bank refused payment when infact Microsoft still have "on hold" the first amount. Grrrrrr

So after getting p&@@:/d off for a day or so I have re-ordered............I just can't resist, bored with my ipad and the new google tablet just doesn't cut it for me, I had a galaxy tab 10.1 for a few days and the tablet version of android is rubbish.

So now to wait 3 weeks and even if they do try to charge again I have used a credit card that has a clear balance so plenty of cash in the pot so to speak!

I want nobody talking about it until then! ;)
    10-30-2012 06:35 AM
    This whole mess proves 3 things to me:-

1) Microsoft are not a global company, they only understand the USA.

2) Microsoft are not set up to do retail hardware products from a demand planning and logistics standpoint.

3) Microsoft do not understand customer service - I run my own retail business now, I will not tolerate people being rude to customers (even if the customer is a PITA which some are!). Like my Grandad used to say, if you want to sell stuff you gotta smile while your taking peoples money!

I’ve been reading this thread with interest. Ordered one in the 18th. Not received it yet (don’t actually know this as I’m at work at it’s being delivered at home (and then back to the depot!! Unless UPS are happy to leave it in the porch (fingerscrossed!)).

Have to say I’ve been through exactly all this before with the Nexus one phone when it was launched. Ordered one and then had to wait ages (felt like months!!) for it be processed shipped over from USA. Again spent time on forums like this one to see when I can expect arrival. What’s kinda funny is that all this heartache and head banging is immediately long forgotten as soon as you see that box :-)

Just wanted to mention this, as it’s not only MS who are crappy at this sort of thing, and also you forget how crap they were once the goods arrive.

Really annoying news about people’s orders being cancelled. Would p*ss me off but I would still get a Surface-RT as it’s miles better than anything else.

Now back to impatiently rocking wildly!
    10-30-2012 06:44 AM
750 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD