Surface Shipping Details (UK)

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just heard that my Surface got delivered (London SW8) - it was ordered on the 17th Oct.

Of course, the WISMO site doesn't show indication that it's been delivered. But my wife assures me that she actually has it with her now.

Out of interest, what date do you have on the WISMO site under "shipped"?

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just heard that my Surface got delivered (London SW8) - it was ordered on the 17th Oct.

Of course, the WISMO site doesn't show indication that it's been delivered. But my wife assures me that she actually has it with her now.
I hope she didn't open it. Divorsable offence that would be!

keymaster21

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
All UK and Germany pre orders are being delivered today by DHL SAME DAY and is being coordinated bi the Irish dhl sameday because microsoft european hq is in dublin.
Seems ups could not handle volumes and time constraints and refused to deliver.

rhocalcam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
All UK and Germany pre orders are being delivered today by DHL SAME DAY and is being coordinated bi the Irish dhl sameday because microsoft european hq is in dublin.

Wow! This is plausible, and would also explain why not many have received them yet as we will get them later today!

Where did you get this info?

Thanks

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
No sign here in Camden/London - all major couriers have been and gone so unless any of them come around again I won't be receiving mine today :mad::mad::mad:

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Gotta love the Irish, always there to do the hard work.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone really believe ALL pre-orders will be delivered today? I'd love to trust it, but the luck of the Irish hasn't helped me thus far....

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone really believe ALL pre-orders will be delivered today? I'd love to trust it, but the luck of the Irish hasn't helped me thus far....

No, not in 3 hours anyway. Nearly impossible. If it actually happens I swear to god I'll never say another Irish joke ever again.

France101

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Here's my story...

Ordered the 64GB version 25th and it just turned up now, delivered by DHL. I feel bad for those that pre-ordered well before me though. I'm in Central London.

Box details...
1.72KG
22 x 44 x 6.5cm

JayJayTG

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If all Surfaces are on the DHL Same Day service then most should be delivery as the Same Day service is a 24hr service! Check the DHL Same Day website.

udayrulz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Here's my story...

Ordered the 64GB version 25th and it just turned up now, delivered by DHL. I feel bad for those that pre-ordered well before me though. I'm in Central London.

Box details...
1.72KG
22 x 44 x 6.5cm

Nice one! I ordered the 64gig on 26th, did you get a notification to say if it was shipped? Any correlation between tracking no and order id?

Thanks

chicaguapa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
All UK and Germany pre orders are being delivered today by DHL SAME DAY

Does this mean ALL pre-orders or just the ones made on or before 19/10 when the delivery date was either 26/10 or 26-30/10?

A lot of the info out there says it's for all pre-orders, but it really means it is just for people who were given a specific delivery date. People who ordered 20/10 and later were told 1-2 weeks and have so far not received the ?50 voucher compensation etc. I think MS were being more cautious and had stopped making promises by then.

lmckinley

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I fear that this is INCORRECT. Just spoke to DHL, they have not got a clue about MS orders. They can however check if there is an order due to be delivered using your post code. Nothing for me though.

keymaster21

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
according to dhl sameday all will be delivered today / tonight. those that are not home or closed will be tomorrow. all preorders parcels have been collected by dhl early this morning from microsoft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos