11-02-2012 03:11 PM
750 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Yay.just arrived :-)

I actually got two delivered...one from the 17th (32Gb, NC) and a second I ordered on the 26th (64Gb) 'cos I changed my mind about the 32Gb one.

Asked the driver and he knew about the ****-up and said they had 7,000 to deliver & knew they should have been here on Monday.

He had delivered lots today & had more to go.

If you are anywhere near Hartley Wintney then maybe soon.
    hook me up if your 32Gb model is for sale. as cant wait 3 weeks. thx
    10-31-2012 10:11 AM
    I've now received mine. Pity as it's at home while I slum it at work. I had a sneaky look at it earlier and can confirm that it appears to have excellent build quality. The screen is pin sharp. Haven't had the touch cover out yet.

I'll have a play later, and hat tip to the UPS delivery guy - he came all the way back to deliver it after I missed him earlier.

I don't feel annoyed anymore. Apart from not being able to play with it until later :)
    rOIVAz likes this.
    10-31-2012 10:33 AM
    Just got mine in Bath! Delivered by UPS, ordered at 5:10pm on 16th
    rOIVAz likes this.
    10-31-2012 10:33 AM
    Thanks for the tip with the list.

Just gave CS a call, I'm assured i'm not on the "black list" (her words not mine), so shall be working from home tomorrow. I also let her know that I shall be going Banzaii tomorrow if it's not arrived.

Here's hoping.
    10-31-2012 10:39 AM
    Been told today and tomorrow by CS.

Said, I should have a tracking number.. But I don't have one :/
    10-31-2012 10:57 AM
    Just found a voicemail left at 1pm today. 'Nick from microsoft' was apologetic and explained that my case had been 'escalated' and they are working to ensure my order is next in line for 'immediate shipping'. He said they had had problems with tracking numbers but they have been fixed. But because of delays I would not receive it 'today or tomorrow'. He said I would probably receive an email in the next couple of days to confirm shipping... So best case is now 2nd Nov. :-(
    10-31-2012 11:16 AM
    Just found a voicemail left at 1pm today. 'Nick from microsoft' was apologetic and explained that my case had been 'escalated' and they are working to ensure my order is next in line for 'immediate shipping'. He said they had had problems with tracking numbers but they have been fixed. But because of delays I would not receive it 'today or tomorrow'. He said I would probably receive an email in the next couple of days to confirm shipping... So best case is now 2nd Nov. :-(
    Sounds like you are in the same batch as me - my order was on one of the lists of orders that had been royally mucked up - but the store was adamant that it would not be this week - and would not even guarantee next week - although when pressed he said mine would be the next out of the factory. If I get a notice of shipping this week I might be mollified, but not entirely.
    10-31-2012 11:53 AM
    still waiting on mine after being assured by MS customer support that i would receive it today, i just had to be patient. Did just see a DHL van about 10 minutes from where i live, so the optimistic side of me is hoping he'll be coming over soon to give me my Surface..
    10-31-2012 11:56 AM
    Allright, just for the fun I ordered a second one today (in addition to the one that I pre-ordered on the 18th), let's see which one arrives first! By the way I called CS and they told me there's no such thing as a 'black list', and I will receive mine 'today or tomorrow for sure'...
    karnka likes this.
    10-31-2012 12:51 PM
    Allright, just for the fun I ordered a second one today (in addition to the one that I pre-ordered on the 18th), let's see which one arrives first! By the way I called CS and they told me there's no such thing as a 'black list', and I will receive mine 'today or tomorrow for sure'...
    I'm wondering when to order the accessories I want to buy with my voucher. Might be sensible to wait a little while.
    10-31-2012 12:54 PM
    Its here!!

Ordered on 26th - 64gig came via DHL, East London

Thanks
    10-31-2012 01:42 PM
    Well my mind is at rest at last. They attempted delivery this morning but obviously I wasn't in to receive it. I'll give UPS some credit; you can have it redelivered to any other address for free! Having it delivered to my work so I'll either have it tomorrow or Friday as it's a different postal area. At least I feel more relaxed about it now. A little knowledge goes a long way!

Still sent in a formal complant today. Can't wait to see their response.
    10-31-2012 01:58 PM
    i just got my surface, waiting for another one. 32gb unit, ordered on 16th.
    10-31-2012 02:13 PM
    So... I just phoned CS again. (On a side note, what is with the weird russian woman stating your call may be recorded... sounds like the crazy lady from Goldeneye)

Got put through to a woman who sounded really upset. She was practically begging me to be patient "It's only been a few days" she said (I ordered on 27th, 64gb). She kept saying, it could be this saturday, it could be next saturday. After repeatedly saying that's not good enough and explaining how I needed to rough time frame so I could be in to receive the parcel, she offered to put me on to someone higher.

Cue a 20 min wait (No, I'm not exaggerating).

Someone answered the phone (he was pretty blunt and rude) asking for my details again. He then said something along the lines of "Right, the reason why the order status hasn't updated is because the order numbers..." Dead. I was cut off. Didn't have the patience to try again but it sounds like I might be in the batch of people who ordered and received with no change to order number or status... I'm going to hope to receive my surface by this wekeend.

Just posting this as there are several people who have said they asked to be put onto someone higher but nothing... persist, as there clearly is another level that you can speak to.
    10-31-2012 02:30 PM
    They attempted delivery, but sadly I wasn't in. Going to get it from their depot tomorrow. I'm in Central Scotland, so others near here should be receiving theirs soon, I hope. I ordered on the 20th, 32GB with Touch Cover, when shipping was estimated at 1-2 weeks.

I included the tracking log from DHL, just so you can see the kind of time-frame they're working in.

No email from Microsoft, and no status update of my order on the website. I was only able to track it due to DHL leaving the number on their note in the letterbox.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 Location Time Pieces
    13 Delivery attempted; recipient not home EDINBURGH - UK 10:54
    1 Pieces

12 With delivery courier EDINBURGH - UK 09:08
    1 Pieces

11 Arrived at Delivery Facility in EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:53
    1 Pieces

10 Departed Facility in EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:33
    1 Pieces

9 Transferred through EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:32
    1 Pieces

8 Arrived at Sort Facility EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 05:08
    1 Pieces

7 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 04:58
    1 Pieces

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 Location Time Pieces
    6 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:42
    1 Pieces

5 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 20:13
    1 Pieces

4 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 17:22
    1 Pieces

3 Shipment on hold LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:12
    1 Pieces

2 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:02
    1 Pieces

1 Shipment information received LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 13:27
    10-31-2012 02:51 PM
    They attempted delivery, but sadly I wasn't in. Going to get it from their depot tomorrow. I'm in Central Scotland, so others near here should be receiving theirs soon, I hope. I ordered on the 20th, 32GB with Touch Cover, when shipping was estimated at 1-2 weeks.

I included the tracking log from DHL, just so you can see the kind of time-frame they're working in.

No email from Microsoft, and no status update of my order on the website. I was only able to track it due to DHL leaving the number on their note in the letterbox.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 Location Time Pieces
    13 Delivery attempted; recipient not home EDINBURGH - UK 10:54
    1 Pieces

12 With delivery courier EDINBURGH - UK 09:08
    1 Pieces

11 Arrived at Delivery Facility in EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:53
    1 Pieces

10 Departed Facility in EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:33
    1 Pieces

9 Transferred through EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:32
    1 Pieces

8 Arrived at Sort Facility EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 05:08
    1 Pieces

7 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 04:58
    1 Pieces

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 Location Time Pieces
    6 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:42
    1 Pieces

5 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 20:13
    1 Pieces

4 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 17:22
    1 Pieces

3 Shipment on hold LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:12
    1 Pieces

2 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:02
    1 Pieces

1 Shipment information received LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 13:27
    10-31-2012 02:51 PM
    Sent him an email detailing the problems getting information out of the Store Support - reply in less than an hour. Now hopefully I can get something firm instead of maybe,might and dunno.
    10-31-2012 03:48 PM
    Mate, this mythical "black list" does exists as the girl I spoke to checked if my order number was on it. Thankfully it wasn't and I came home to find our next door took my delivery in.

Others haven't been so lucky, as you can read on here.

I think the "black list" seems to be for orders placed on the 16th and 17th and some are on there and some are not. Not quite sure why some are so royaly messed up they can't be delivered though.
    10-31-2012 03:52 PM
    I still havent got mine :lol:

Preordered as soon as was possible, and I still bloody don't have it. Unbelievable.
    10-31-2012 05:34 PM
    Finally got mine. DHL attempted delivery this morning and no-one home to take receipt.

Picked up from the depot tonight and the guy said it had been a shambles. They apparently had people doing overtime to try and sort, although they didn't receive all the ones the expected yesterday.

Card still hasn't been charged, nor is there a hold and my order status still says " in process". Never received a shipping notification. What's the betting its another fortnight before they get themselves organised enough to charge me!! :D
    Last edited by squiggs1982; 10-31-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: smiley add
    10-31-2012 06:49 PM
    those who email Steven Sinofsky, did you get an email back last night from the Frontier Team at MS Store. I got one saying a case had been opened up and that they were working to get deliveries out as soon as possible. They also said that currently they expect me to receive mine on 02.11.12.
    11-01-2012 02:25 AM
    yeah, i got the reply. she was from US. and telling me, the order wasn't fulfilled yet, where i already got one of my order.
    11-01-2012 03:59 AM
    yeah, i got the reply. she was from US. and telling me, the order wasn't fulfilled yet, where i already got one of my order.
    Got the reply, but in my case according to their records mine has not been fulfilled and I have not yet got anything, and no date when I will do.
    11-01-2012 04:24 AM
    Hey guys been following this for a few days now!

Ordered mine on the 21st with the touch cover and got it via Dhl yesterday morning. Nearly collapsed when he walked into my office! So excited even as I'm typing this on the beautiful surface display.

I'm in Derry/Londonderry if that gives any help to the Ni guys

Hope you guys get it soon!

Oh yea, no tracking no shipping email or other info on my Microsoft order page, still shows as in process and pre order 02/11/2012
    Last edited by pmcdee; 11-01-2012 at 05:02 AM. Reason: shipping info
    11-01-2012 05:00 AM
    I spoke with MSstore in germany (where i ordered mine and which has had the exact same dates in email and such as the uk).

They told me that there was huge deliveryproblems and that more units (mine included) wasnt expected in (wcs) up to tree weeks!!!!?! although i had confirmation of shipping on the 26th of october. I got the 50euro rebate but not more.

This sucks! i sure hope that guy was wrong!

He was! Mine showed up today about 1-2hrs ago with Swedish "posten"... no friggin ups, dhl or jetpack here!

Also, no funds has been withdrawn that i can see sofar from my CC
    Last edited by theonlyix; 11-01-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    11-01-2012 05:45 AM
750 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD