Surface Shipping Details (UK)

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the City, literally a stones throw from Monument. I'm hoping that it's already been delivered and that the post room will bring it up to me soon =D

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
My card has just been charged as well in the past 15 minutes.

Makes this even more frustrating now because Im meant to be getting a lift back to Cardiff at 2, now I dont know whether or not just to wait until tonight to see if it comes today :mad:

Getting it delivered to Herts...

Jubei700

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited now, the UPS depot for my town is only round the corner from my house. Unfortunetly I'll be stuck at work until 7:30 this evening... rubbish!

manzanotti

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've just had my 64GB unit delivered to me at work (in Birmingham).

Though the shine has been taken off it by the unit no booting into Windows! Tries to automatically repair the unit, but fails.

manzanotti

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Connect wired mouse or keyboard.
Cheers, that enabled me to enter keypresses. It doesn't boot up into the recovery environment though, just reboots.

Trying a manual Automatic Repair now. It's checked the disk. Still fails. And the log file it says that it's created doesn't exist.

Going through the Surface service web site, and it wants me to drop the unit off at UPS. Well, that's not happening, as it's miles away!

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Well mine has just been cancelled, they requested the money twice so my bank declined the transaction. Now I have to re-order and wait 3 weeks for delivery :mad:

whereissurface

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 2x32G Surface+Black Touchcover on 20th (had to wait for payday!), so I accepted the possibility of not getting my Surface until at some point this week.

But an hour ago I got an order cancellation email from MS store UK - the horror! After speaking to my bank (Barclays) I now know that they had authorised the payment which has been pending since the moment I ordered.

Turns out MS tried to charge the card today and it was treated as separate charge, for which I didn't have enough funds available. Called MSS and they're saying I have to place a new order now! The way I see it, this is MSS fault for doing a separate charge as opposed to completing the one that was pending.

I didn't have time to stay on the line to MSS customer support at the moment, so will have to call them later. Anyone else had this kind of problem? Maybe stopping being nice on the phone and demanding to speak to someone more credible will get my order back on track?

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Mrs has just rung, Mine has arrived (South Wales) via UPS

Stoked and sad.
Stoked its here
Sad I am 30 miles away in work

Never mind, something to look forward to.

whereissurface

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Order cancelled!

I ordered 2x32G Surface+Black Touchcover on 20th (had to wait for payday!), so I accepted the possibility of not getting my Surface until at some point this week.

But an hour ago I got an order cancellation email from MS store UK - the horror! After speaking to my bank (Barclays) I now know that they had authorised the payment which has been pending since the moment I ordered.

Turns out MS tried to charge the card today and it was treated as separate charge, for which I didn't have enough funds available. Called MSS and they're saying I have to place a new order now! The way I see it, this is MSS fault for doing a separate charge as opposed to completing the one that was pending.

I didn't have time to stay on the line to MSS customer support at the moment, so will have to call them later. Anyone else had this kind of problem? Maybe stopping being nice on the phone and demanding to speak to someone more credible will get my order back on track?

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
So all of you have been charged twice? My card have been charged right after I preordered(18th oct) then three days later my money returned and this friday(26 oct) my card have been charged again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte