Surface Shipping Details (UK)

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Just had a text from my bro. My Surface has arrived.

Ordered on the 16th

Im on the Isle of Wight.

I have not had a dispached email.

MS Store still says "In Process"

Money still frozen but not taken.

So it really is impossible to deduce from bank details, order status, shipping address OR order date. I wish I could just accept it'll be Friday and forget about it til then.

SirTom

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I have nice discussion about my cancelled order with MS help line too.
After very long security process, basically they told me that I have to have credit card not debet card! And next time I should use PayPal! What a rubbish.
My bank confirmed me its nonsense when I have enough money on my account (which I have).
They just at first reserved the money (and they are still reserved) and then they try to charge it again. I assume that probably if the transaction would be allowed they then would unblock the first amount.

Still the result is that I have to order it again! 3 weeks delivery now! Lady promise me to escalate so maybe I will receive some coupon or something.

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Request a refund ;)

I was actually thinking it would be hilarious if someone did that.

Or if someone received their Surface, didn't get charged and so just phoned their bank and asked to have their account temporarily frozen because they were going somewhere dodgy on holiday. You could use Microsoft's total stupidity and complete lack of understanding and communication against them. They'd probably give you a ?50 voucher too!

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
After very long security process, basically they told me that I have to have credit card not debet card! And next time I should use PayPal! What a rubbish.

I ordered with my debit card since it's attached to my Microsoft Account and there's plenty [within reason!] of funds available. I can't believe they are trying to worm out of all their cock-ups with excuses like that. If my order gets cancelled I don't think I can bear to re-order this side of Christmas.

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Funny thhing is that when I looked at https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/ to see my recent transactions, I saw this:

Surface with Windows RT
Charge 18/10/2012
?559.00 GBP

FedEx
Charge 18/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

FedEx? I wonder if it is going to really be delivered to me by them or does MS use "FedEx" name just to indicate "some shipping company"

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Funny thhing is that when I looked at https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/ to see my recent transactions, I saw this:

Surface with Windows RT
Charge 18/10/2012
?559.00 GBP

FedEx
Charge 18/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

FedEx? I wonder if it is going to really be delivered to me by them or does MS use "FedEx" name just to indicate "some shipping company"

That's most fascinating. I didn't know that page even existed. Everyone has been saying it's coming via UPS so far though, but maybe it's not.

Ganondolf

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is that when I looked at https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/ to see my recent transactions, I saw this:

Surface with Windows RT
Charge 18/10/2012
?559.00 GBP

FedEx
Charge 18/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

Their uk support section says Fedex as their delivery company but it seems that UPS has been used for Surface. It could be that they use both (depending on the area they choose the company will services there). Or it could be that Surface sales are a lot larger than any product they have ever sold through MS Store (UK) and UPS did them a better deal for bulk delivery than Fedex.

Scotarcam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
FedEx

When I confirmed my order I was positive it said FedEx but when I read all the comments re UPS I guessed I had made a mistake or that it had changed.

Catcoo

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got off phone to card company - Microsoft tried to charge me three times for one 32GB model with cover.

Still have one transaction "pending", that went through. But that "pending" is going to make a payment bounce if they try to charge yet again rather than claim their pending payment. I can't begin to imagine the headache this is causing people!

Steve_Dhalai

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just registered to tell you guys this... here's my post from XDA:

Fairly pissed off right now from what I've just got from Customer Service.

I ordered on 27th, I know this was outside the first wave preorder time but I went for the 64gb version... Purely because both 32GB versions were seemingly sold out and said "order now for delivery within 3 weeks". The 64gb version didn't say this so I assumed it hadn't sold out like the other 2 versions and went ahead and ordered.

Phoned customer service today and was told that was "likely" a mistake. The website hadn't updated properly and they have had a load of problems. I got told I should expect it within 3 weeks and thats all they can say. Some people have had it within 2 days but had no shipping confirmation or order status change so I might be among them but I'll never know until it ends up at my door... annoying seeing as I need to be in the receive the package.

Sounds like they've stopped giving out ?50 vouchers too... I was told at one point that I should feel "privileged" as in the whole of Europe only the UK, Germany and France got order Surface.

To add to the above post, I was told the surface itself is shipped by FedEx, any Accessories are shipped by UPS.

fishgen

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Transactions

Well... mine shows:

Surface with Windows RT
Charge 18/10/2012
?479.00 GBP

FedEx
Charge 18/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

FedEx
Charge 18/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

Surface with Windows RT
Charge 18/10/2012
?479.00 GBP

And all of them are marked as settled, even though I have ordered only one Surface (which by the way I haven't received yet)... In reality ?479 is reserved on my account.

Ganondolf

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Just registered to tell you guys this... here's my post from XDA:

To add to the above post, I was told the surface itself is shipped by FedEx, any Accessories are shipped by UPS.
I think Ballmer should sack whoever is in charge on the UK (and Euro) MS Stores.

Microsoft has made a great product that is being (in some cases has been) ruined by not only the mistakes (which happens) but also the crap service and the how the mistakes have been dealt (Which is maybe number 2 worst customer help right after Dell that i have dealt with).

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft treat simple supply chain management and delivery like this, with a lax attitude, no communication and contempt, then I wonder how they treat software security matters.

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Same list of stuff for me showing fedex. No double counting though...

FedEx
Charge 16/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

FedEx
Charge 16/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

Surface with Windows RT
Charge 16/10/2012
?399.00 GBP

Surface Touch Cover (Cyan)
Charge 16/10/2012

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... mine shows:

Surface with Windows RT
Charge 18/10/2012
?479.00 GBP

FedEx
Charge 18/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

FedEx
Charge 18/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

Surface with Windows RT
Charge 18/10/2012
?479.00 GBP

And all of them are marked as settled, even though I have ordered only one Surface (which by the way I haven't received yet)... In reality ?479 is reserved on my account.

Mine also shows doubled transactions, I just edited it in my prevoius post for more clarity puproses. This is how it looks unedited:

Surface with Windows RT
Charge 18/10/2012
?559.00 GBP

FedEx
Charge 18/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

FedEx
Charge 17/10/2012
?0.00 GBP

Surface with Windows RT
Charge 17/10/2012
?559.00 GBP

And indeed my card registered transaction the day i preordered Surface, three days later it was cancelled and my money returned to me, then on friday my card registered same transaction again. At least they gave me back my money before they charged me again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05