Surface Shipping Details (UK)

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

cstenson

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Just had a belated txt from the missus, it arrived a couple of hours ago! (Cheltenham) Just after I sent an email to Steven Sinofsky too! It came despite a conversation earlier with support who said it hadn't shipped yet! But then as they said, there is no tracking number yet so they are flying blind anyway. So as many others have experienced, nothing gone out of bank, no tracking email, site still says 'in process' and yet it is here. So for anyone still waiting, there is hope even if support think it hasn't shipped.
It is going to be a good weekend after all! Absolute best of luck to all who are still waiting, especially the 16/17th early birders like me!
Not sure when my cancelled / reordered (after bank declined) Type Cover will appear but that can wait.
If I can glean any details re shipping from labels will post this eve, via surface I hope ;-)

Owen Stevens

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with CS for about the 10th time - and after a week of being told "It'll be with you in the next 1-2 days" - I've now been told that my order was canceled on the 17th. and "Will never leave the warehouse".

To make things worse because it wasn't canceled due to a banking error, theres "nothing we can do about it."

"Ok, so how would you suggest we proceed?" I asked,
"I would suggest, if you are still interested in purchasing a surface to order one from the website, or place and order with me over the phone, however this will take 3 weeks to arrive"

If i'd known my order was canceled on the 17th WITHOUT my asking them to do so I could have ordered (and probably recieved) a second surface by now. Instead I've got to wait nearly a month to recieve my tablet which should have arrived on the 26th...

</Rant>

The reason i'm posting this (apart from to rant) is because the guy on the phone explained that they have a proceedure for orders that have been canceled to to banks rejecting payments etc which includes "Expedited Shipping"

Congrats to everyone who's recieved theres, I'm really, really dissapointed... i'm actually angry about how upset I am about something that's so petty.
Half of me wants to laugh: "My ?500 tablet wasn't delivered when i asked for it... 1st world problems" - But the other half thinks that another ?50 MS voucher would probably buy my patience... :dry

cstenson

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with CS for about the 10th time - and after a week of being told "It'll be with you in the next 1-2 days" - I've now been told that my order was canceled on the 17th. and "Will never leave the warehouse".

To make things worse because it wasn't canceled due to a banking error, theres "nothing we can do about it."

"I would suggest, if you are still interested in purchasing a surface to order one from the website, or place and order with me over the phone, however this will take 3 weeks to arrive"

If i'd known my order was canceled on the 17th WITHOUT my asking them to do so I could have ordered (and probably recieved) a second surface by now. Instead I've got to wait nearly a month to recieve my tablet which should have arrived on the 26th...

</Rant>

The reason i'm posting this (apart from to rant) is because the guy on the phone explained that they have a proceedure for orders that have been canceled to to banks rejecting payments etc which includes "Expedited Shipping"

Congrats to everyone who's recieved theres, I'm really, really dissapointed... i'm actually angry about how upset I am about something that's so petty.
Half of me wants to laugh: "My ?500 tablet wasn't delivered when i asked for it... 1st world problems" - But the other half thinks that another ?50 MS voucher would probably buy my patience... :dry

Sorry to hear of your woes, I was lucky in that at least it was just the Type cover that got cancelled. I had same feeling of self hatred for getting so wound up:blush:

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

</Rant>

I suggest you don't settle for a ?50 voucher... I'm calling them now to ask for that procedure they have in place for wrongly cancelled orders, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Owen Stevens

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you don't settle for a ?50 voucher... I'm calling them now to ask for that procedure they have in place for wrongly cancelled orders, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I think I might call them this evening and be a little more aggressive - I'm a big fan of the "softly softly catchy monkey" approach, however sometimes, you've got to go running through the jungle, arms flailing until the... monkey king.. decides to give you all of his monkeys?...

Ok... so that metaphor didn't work.

Truth is my entire office silently judges me, while they hear me every day make my polite call to Microsoft support to ask for progress.

As the only 'technical bod' in the office, I feel like no one else appreciates quite how excited us geeks get about new tech. :blush:

Good luck getting your order expedited! :)

As another short update, I placed a fresh order and called my credit card company straight away - they money had been 'provisioned' for the new order seconds after placing it, and still nothing from the initial orders.
I feel like, (in my case at least) it's not only a human issue to blame for this failure, but also a technical and operational one.
The most frustrating part about this is my damning unfailing loyalty to Microsoft even after they've mucked me about so much.

Last edited:

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I think I might call them this evening and be a little more aggressive - I'm a big fan of the "softly softly catchy monkey" approach, however sometimes, you've got to go running through the jungle, arms flailing until the... monkey king.. decides to give you all of his monkeys?...

Ok... so that metaphor didn't work.

Truth is my entire office silently judges me, while they hear me every day make my polite call to Microsoft support to ask for progress.

As the only 'technical bod' in the office, I feel like no one else appreciates quite how excited us geeks get about new tech. :blush:

Good luck getting your order expedited! :)

As another short update, I placed a fresh order and called my credit card company straight away - they money had been 'provisioned' for the new order seconds after placing it, and still nothing from the initial orders.
I feel like, (in my case at least) it's not only a human issue to blame for this failure, but also a technical and operational one.
The most frustrating part about this is my damning unfailing loyalty to Microsoft even after they've mucked me about so much.

I just talked to them again. You can definitely get your order expedited, they offer that when you place the order with them, if you had problems before. So, when I get a resolution for my escalated issue, and if the resolution turns out to be a ?100 voucher, I will gladly place a new order. Otherwise, I think I'll just wait for the Pro (January, they said) and hope the issues with their system get solved by then...

mndl632

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
So I was told that I would receive my surface today, this was told to me by one of Microsoft escalation team after I emailed Steven sinofsky, and yet again I'm still waiting, getting ridiculous now.

Edit: Spoke to MS support, and was told that it would arrive in the next 2 working days and that it was dispatched by UPS blue, who don't provide tracking. He couldn't tell me when it was dispatched but that it was dispatched. Don't think any of them know what's going on to be honest.

Last edited:

fishgen

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Original order finally arrived yesterday. Ordered it to my friend as I'm from the continent, so I don't really know more, but it did beat the second one after all ;) Account still shows 'In Process' and no emails received.

And the second one, I ordered 2 days ago is here...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention