How Early on Friday?

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm taking my wife to our local Microsoft Store (Tyson's Corner in D.C.) on Friday. I want to get her a Surface -- or at least let her get her hands on one to try it out. I love the idea of them giving out a year's worth of Music for the first 100 sold. So I'm wondering how early we should go to the store? We figured we'd make a "morning date" out of it -- grabbing breakfast together, enjoying the drive in, etc. The store opens at 10 AM. Any recommendations? (I have NEVER done the whole "line up early for the good deal" thing, and I avoid shopping on Black Friday like the plague!)

Doc

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
You might want to double check the time they open. The store in Scottsdale is opening at 8:00 AM Friday. It may just be a store decision but nothing otherwise opens early for sales in Scottsdale. Places barely even extend early hours for the holidays.

nivekv

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My local store (Portland OR) does not seem to have any pre-launch events and it's locked away in a mall with multiple entrances. I'm not expecting huge crowds but in the case there are I'll be getting there early. I doubt they'll have lines established outside but that would be nice... And yes, I got a reservation (even though it cost $10 in gas to get there!).

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My local store (Portland OR) does not seem to have any pre-launch events and it's locked away in a mall with multiple entrances. I'm not expecting huge crowds but in the case there are I'll be getting there early. I doubt they'll have lines established outside but that would be nice... And yes, I got a reservation (even though it cost $10 in gas to get there!).

That is the one we are going to. Washington square opens at 10, so I didn't figure that the MS kiosk would be open before that. I don't think there will be huge crowds either. Portland seems to be very firmly Apple territory. I'm going in tomorrow to get all the details I forgot to get when we got our reservation pass (number 2 baby!), so I'll post and let you know.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you're in NYC, the holiday store in Times Square will open at 10PM (festivities start at 9:30PM with Kevin Turner) and the store will stay open until Monday at 1AM or something along those lines. I have no idea what kind of stock they'll have, etc, but it is the Times Square location, and it looks to be quite a large store (it's an actual physical location). There looks to be some activity in Chicago at the holiday store on Michigan avenue as well, but I don't know the specifics of that one (might be similar to Times Square, but again, I dunno).

nivekv

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
That is the one we are going to. Washington square opens at 10, so I didn't figure that the MS kiosk would be open before that. I don't think there will be huge crowds either. Portland seems to be very firmly Apple territory. I'm going in tomorrow to get all the details I forgot to get when we got our reservation pass (number 2 baby!), so I'll post and let you know.

Really looking forward to your information! I've got number 3. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo