Shipping for Orders from Canada

tewmgd

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

From the other thread about the shipping I gather that none of the orders for the Canadian store has been shipped.

I ordered mine on the 10/16 just before the public announcement.

Did someone from Canada received their shipping notification yet?

Matthieu

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

From the other thread about the shipping I gather that none of the orders for the Canadian store has been shipped.

Matthieu

Some on other sites have reported they have. It appears to all be related to location to a shipping center.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered within minutes of going live. Still no confirmation though.

I will also post once I do get the confirmation.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I keep checking my email way to often just waiting for that shipping notification it's starting to drive me a little crazy!

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered right now to make sure the reviews were not too bad. I don't use a tablet for eight hours of video viewing without power access, I accept an OS update with early-adoption and I believe in MS to get us all the big name apps.

Anyways it says 1-2 weeks for mine to arrive. Makes sense. I did wait a few extra days.

ShPhoenix

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen anything yet myself.

Did a chat with one of the support rep. Like others have said they're insisting that they'll be delivered on the date in the receipt. Still not seeing any credit card charges either...

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the morning of the 18th. My receipt said for delivery on 10/26 (like everyone else). No changes in status, so I chatted with a Microsoft CSR today and the guy said it will ship from 1 to 2 weeks of purchase date. I told him about my receipt and the fact when I ordered, the site said 10/26. He responded that that date was good for the U.S. only. Canada was 1-2 weeks right from day one.

Needless to say I was pretty pissed. This whole process has been a complete gong show for me and I'm not impressed on how a tech giant screwed the pooch on this.:mad:

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
That is certainly frustrating! I ordered yesterday so obviously have no grounds to expect, or complain about receiving a Surface on release day. However you certainly should have expected better. Does the American Surface ordering site say o e to two weeks for shipping like the Canadian one, or are we the only ones with that little treat?

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty awful, I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order, and opted for a reservation pass at the Eaton Centre. Anyone else heading there Friday morning?

Stormwatch342

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty awful, I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order, and opted for a reservation pass at the Eaton Centre. Anyone else heading there Friday morning?
Was thinking to cancel mine and do the same. I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon and decide.

One thing to note, in the other thread I saw a post where someone said their cover was coming from Ontario, Canada.

Makes me think maybe MS did think ahead and have some stockpiles already in warehouses in Canada to be sent out tomorrow. Especially if others orders are being filled from here. (Given its on a touch cover but nonetheless)

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Still no shipping info. I do not feel confident I will have my Surface on Friday. I expect it to arrive sometime next week. Crappy, but since there is no Microsoft Store anywhere near my place (closest would be about 10 hours away), I will have to endure.

ps/ as I mentioned before, I had ordered my 64GB model about 6 minutes after the pre-orders went live.

pps/ Why can I not find the chat option on the Microsoft Store site. Does it not exist for Canada?

tewmgd

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Matthieu
Got a shipping confirmation but only for my touch cover (Cyan). Don't know if it's a good sign or a bad one :)

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Got a shipping confirmation but only for my touch cover (Cyan). Don't know if it's a good sign or a bad one :)
Yeah I also got a shipping confirmation for my Cyan Touch Cover. My account page still says the Surface itself is still in process but at least i'll have my keyboard.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Still no shipping info. I do not feel confident I will have my Surface on Friday. I expect it to arrive sometime next week. Crappy, but since there is no Microsoft Store anywhere near my place (closest would be about 10 hours away), I will have to endure.

ps/ as I mentioned before, I had ordered my 64GB model about 6 minutes after the pre-orders went live.

pps/ Why can I not find the chat option on the Microsoft Store site. Does it not exist for Canada?

There is a chat feature for the Canadian site - I just can't remember where - I used it yesterday.

I'm interested if anyone outside the U.S. will get their order Friday. Judging by what is being said on the UK thread, it seems like not. Microsoft messed this up in a big way by promising delivery by 10/26 on the international pre order sites. If international shipments fall behind the U.S. that's fine, but at least say so during the order process. It stretches ethics a bit otherwise.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got my confirmation email.

Now since I have an insider at a UPS tracking center (my lovely wife) I sent her the tracking # and should be able to provide me with a small delivery window (most times within the hour of when it should arrive).

There may be hope yet that it could arrive for tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)