Shipping for Orders from Canada

tewmgd

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My surface appears to be going by truck this morning. Its gone from Harrisburg to New Stanton to Columbus. Should be on its way to Louisville KT later today and on track for delivery tomorrow.

Yes my Touch Cover is taking the same itinerary ... My Surface has yet to leave Harrisburg. Strangely enough the Touch Cover is by Expedited and the Surface by Express service. Maybe they will arrive together :)

Do you see the good news of the day : Lumia 920 for 99$ on Rogers available tomorrow!

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Must be on the same truck as mine. I laugh when it indicates it should be delivered by end of day. Bring it UPS. Give it your best shot.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Ordered around 8 PM EDT on 16 October. Received shipping confirmation at 2:45 AM on 28 October. As of now, UPS's tracking information indicates that my package is "Ready for UPS," which is what it has said since the tracking number starting working with the site. I'm guessing my first delivery attempt will be on Wednesday or Thursday.

nakilio

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Same on my side

I ordered mine on 16th. I received my confirmation with the tracking number on the 22th. Still showing "Ready for UPS"

I don't think I'll have my Surface anytime soon...

ShPhoenix

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
No updates for me either. If everything is being routed through PA then we could all be experiencing delays caused by the hurricane.

At least Assassin's Creed 3 is out tomorrow. That should help occupy my time, and if that Roger's thing with the Lumia 920 is actually true...

Last edited:

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
So.... Microsoft cancelled my order on me without any reason being given. Justification on the invoice, "other." I called to ask why. No one knows. "A glitch in the system."

So, I re-order, appreciating errors occur, but now it is telling me I will receive my order in 4 weeks, vice Thursday. Called back for assistance - got nothing. They told me to go to a store. I am very, very far away from any store.

This is frustrating, and Microsoft could have done something to show good faith, but I got nothing but a run around. Even one of those Xbox Music credits would have gone a long way.

My girlfriend is going to Vegas on Friday, I might ask her to try and get one for me in the States, and my work HQ is re-calling me to Edmonton on the 19th - so perhaps a trip to WEM is in the stars. Will leave my online one processing in case for some bizarre reason it actually ships.

This has been disappointing.

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about? It's still the same price. 519.00/619.00/719.00.

It is fairly clear what I am talking about - the price went up. It is about $5 more now than it was when I ordered the first time. I can say this as one of the few with identical invoices spread over a week LOL!

This is black Surface with Touch Cover.

ShPhoenix

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
It is fairly clear what I am talking about - the price went up. It is about $5 more now than it was when I ordered the first time. I can say this as one of the few with identical invoices spread over a week LOL!

This is black Surface with Touch Cover.

They must have changed it shortly after the posting went live then. $619 is what I have on my receipt. It's odd that they would have made a change of $1.20...

Last edited:

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Midnight came and went, still no Surface. I still say it will be Wednesday before I get it.

I just hope I get it before a "friend" of mine gets his iPad mini which he pre-ordered on the day the Surface was originaly supposed to be delivered.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
WTF is MS playing at?

Pre-ordered 16th - delivery supposed to be last friday - I start getting tracking updates

today it gets to my home city, and before you know it the UPS status says that an intercept has occurred requested by the sender and it will be shipped back to the sender .. what the ****!!

as soon as I saw that I called MS and so far I've got three different stories from these idiots - the first guy said it was a product recall .. !!

after speaking to a manager I still cannot get a straight answer to what the **** just happened - so at the moment, UPS says my order is on its way back to TN - for arrival Thursday - even if they ship it back out straight away I wont get this until next week

NOT GOOD ENOUGH MICROSOFT

I live by a store - I am going to go there tomorrow and create merry **** - I'm very close to denying the charge on my amex and walking into the MS store - telling them how upset I am and have them watch me go across the mall to the Apple store opposite where I will spend my money on a new iPad

disgusted. disappointed and very frustrated.

acsurf

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
^ Crazy stuff. Hope it works out.

Mine has sat in Columbus for 12 hours. Seems like the poor weather is reaching pretty far inland now. Beginning to doubt that it'll be delivered on the 30th.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Ordered around 8 PM EDT on 16 October. Received shipping confirmation at 2:45 AM on 28 October. As of now, UPS's tracking information indicates that my package is "Ready for UPS," which is what it has said since the tracking number starting working with the site. I'm guessing my first delivery attempt will be on Wednesday or Thursday.

Finally, some real tracking information! Mine is in Kentucky right now, with scheduled delivery 30 October (today! eeee!) by end of day. Since it hasn't cleared the border, I'm guessing late in the day. That or UPS will do its usual thing and just decide to deliver it on Wednesday.

Canadian dollar fluctuation is my guess. Weird numbers.

That was my first thought as well.

b3rto

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine was scheduled for today as well, unfortunately I just got notice that due to adverse weather in mount hope that it'll be delayed.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
^ Crazy stuff. Hope it works out.

Mine has sat in Columbus for 12 hours. Seems like the poor weather is reaching pretty far inland now. Beginning to doubt that it'll be delivered on the 30th.

After an hour on the phone to them I get nowhere - I still have NO IDEA why they sent out an intercept for this order and had it returned to TN on the day it was due to be delivered - nobody can give me a straight answer

to be honest this sounds very, very sketchy to me.

I will see if i can get one from a local store here - but I don't hold out much hope - if I can't get one here locally, I am going to call Amex and deny the charge and have them treat it as a fraudulent charge - which in my mind it is - I paid for something and I never got it - MS can explain themselves to Amex

I will then go into my local apple store and buy an iPad, and I will be sure to tell the manager of the apple store why I am in there buying an iPad - I am sure they will LOVE that !!

Very Disappointed in my experience with Microsoft.

:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel