Surface Battery Life

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My surface tablet lasted about 2 days of light to idle use on a single charge. Basically would watch TV for an hour and browse the internet and then go play some games on my desktop.. also it sits at home while im at work (i can't bring it to work for work related reasons) so that's 9 hours.. and then the 8 hours im asleep.. and about the 2 hours a day i spend dedicated to the dog.. So i might give it 4 or so hours of use a day... so that comes to 8 hours but with idle time it came to 2 days total.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine goes to the hospital with me from 7 am to 9 pm, charges my phone during the shift and still has battery left at the end of the day.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
this thread needs to be closed as it was an early build of RT, the November update made a huge difference on battery life, and once Microsoft figures out how to work with the battery saving core on the Tegra3 battery life will get even better. Folks, it is much better to have a Surface with the aggresive updates and support roadmap MS has, than with the short life of an iPad 2 3 4 4 6 whatever...

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
that's the design reason they went with a separate charger as opposed to USB since the max you can push through that is 5V. I need to plug the wall charger up to a Kill-a-Watt to see what the draw is (plus see if the wall charger is a power vampire)

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
that's the design reason they went with a separate charger as opposed to USB since the max you can push through that is 5V. I need to plug the wall charger up to a Kill-a-Watt to see what the draw is (plus see if the wall charger is a power vampire)

I'm sure you know this, but it's not voltage that determines battery charge time...

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Plugged into my kill a watt the Surface pulls 25W charging and 0 when not so you can leave the wall wart plugged in when not in use, it isn't a power vampire.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
oh also, this goes without saying, but the Surface adapter is smart, the watts drop as it fills up, towards the end it goes to a slower charge of about 6W. All this together means it charges a lot faster than iPad charger, which takes 3 hours I've seen to top up.

mike13579

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi I was wondering how quick the battery is supposed to drain when it is locked. I just received my surface from Best Buy and have noticed that the battery drains awfully fast. Last night I turned off Notifications and Bluetooth along with putting it into airplane mode. It had 23% battery, when I woke up this morning it was dead. I am still in the exchange window so I was wondering if this is normal?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon