Will you be lining up early for the Surface on the 26th?

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ill probably get there about 30 minutes before mall opens. Not sure if lines will be long

I asked the Ms store guy if he thought there would be a long line for fun and he says "well, usually when apple has a release, they have really long lines"..I responded with "well, apple is a little different from you guys" with a smirk. Didnt think he expected that response as he couldnt come back with a response, i laughed it off with my GF there and she said i was mean.

Oh well :p
The Microsoft store in Times Square is still busy at 3AM (and still selling Surfaces every 30-60 seconds, if cheers that they do when one purchases a Surface are any indication), and the store opened at 10PM. The line was ludicrous, and it'll be interesting to see tomorrow if that was just an NYC / Times Square thing, or if other stores see it. 30 minutes might be good enough, but it might not be.

I'm curious as to what others see at their local brick and mortars or pop-ups tomorrow....

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Washington Square in Portland, OR opens at ten, so that is when the kiosk will open. My wife is going for me because I have to be at work at 1030 and work 60 minutes in the opposite direction. They already had people lined up outside the mall at 4 o'clock today. I'm just torn on whether I want a Red or Black touchcover.

I will be shopping at the same store and plan to get there by 9:15. I also ordered online on 10.17 but I keep getting conflicting messages from MS about shipping, hence the attempt fo buy my Surface in store.

theomodsim

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from the Ross Park Mall (Pittsburgh) Microsoft kiosk with a 32 GB Surface + Type keyboard. There were about 6 people in line when the kiosk opened.

I got the $99 XBox music card as well as entered into a raffle for an Xbox bundle that they'll be raffling later on this morning. They took e-mail addresses and phone numbers so you don't have to be present to win.

Tvan15

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Got mine from the Frisco, TX pop-up store this morning! (Unfortunately I had to go straight from there to work and have to wait until later to get to use it...) There was a good line at opening - probably close to 100 if not more.

As an added bonus - there were several employees from the Dallas Microsoft site there in line and I got to see an 8X. Definitely liked the look of it in person - the blue didn't look purple like some have said!

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I ditched out on it. I feel bad cause I had a reservation pass too. But Staples started a sale this morning on the Vivo RT that they didn't have for pre-orders, a free dock with purchase. I had wanted the Vivo more from the start, but only wanted to spend $599 and had to have a keyboard, and the Vivo was being advertised as $599 sans keyboard.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
went valley fair san jose, ca at around 715, about 30 or so people in line.

I had to go back during lunch and probably about the same amount.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss