Windows 8 question

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I realize this doesn't belong in this thread but I didn't know where else to post this. OK so, I want to buy the win 8 upgrade tonight and download it, only problem is my win7 copy isn't exactly genuine. Would that cause a problem? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

xkxkxk

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Naughty, naughty. I'd venture you'll not have problems.

Take a backup before you try (Macrium Reflect or similar are free)

Turn of your internet connection whilst you install it and only turn back on once you're setup in Windows to activate.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
You need to have a copy with a legit key. I have never had a legit copy of windows on my desktop because I have been using Windows 8 releases since I built it. I plan on using an old vista copy of my father's to upgrade for $40.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I found the actual DVD of win8 pro on amazon for 69 plus a 30 dollar credit, so I think I'm gonna snag that just to be safe. Ends up being same price as upgrade Download

toekramp

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well I found the actual DVD of win8 pro on amazon for 69 plus a 30 dollar credit, so I think I'm gonna snag that just to be safe. Ends up being same price as upgrade Download

pretty sure that's just the upgrade, not the full. better double check.

as far as not having a genuine key, see if you can find a Vista one on the cheap on ebay or something

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The $69 purchase is for the Vista/Windows 7 upgrade. Windows 8 does use a pretty strong authentication system so hopefully it will block your upgrade. Yes, I did intentionally phase it that way. I have no tolerance for anyone running a hacked or cracked OS. In fact, I have quite willingly forwarded peoples' contact information and a major website to the anti-piracy department when I have become aware of things in the past.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12