11-13-2012 06:08 PM
45 12
tools
    I Will order my surface in Germany next week, I'm italian and as You know my language is not available. But As i told before during the fisrt boot you can decide witch language use, for the germam version, you Will have : German, freanch and english... I hope in a future language pack....but no problem to have my surface in English.

The main problem is caused by the touch cover, where some letters are not available, for example : , ,

I hope in the possibility to select via software the keyboard language.... For ex. I i Will press i need to have .... We Will see....

Do you know the time delivery from germa store?
    Last edited by franzoso; 11-02-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    11-02-2012 06:53 AM
    Keyboard layout is changeable to just about anything out there, so you can use italian layout. Given, the keyboard will for example say , but would produce or something.
    11-02-2012 07:06 AM
    Keyboard layout is changeable to just about anything out there, so you can use italian layout. Given, the keyboard will for example say , but would produce or something.
    Thanks
    11-02-2012 07:39 AM
    Today or yesterday the german availability has "returned to normal". Seems that they have stock again, as none of the Surfaces no longer say about the 3 week to deliver. Might get mine within a week with some luck!

EDIT: The Surface without touch cover seems to be out of stock.
    11-02-2012 10:23 AM
    Today or yesterday the german availability has "returned to normal". Seems that they have stock again, as none of the Surfaces no longer say about the 3 week to deliver. Might get mine within a week with some luck!

EDIT: The Surface without touch cover seems to be out of stock.
    Excuse me, Product in stock and 3 weeks delivery? I received a Phone from china in 1 week.....
    11-02-2012 12:23 PM
    No, the 3 weeks was when it was out of stock.
    ilfranzoso likes this.
    11-02-2012 12:27 PM
    No, the 3 weeks was when it was out of stock.
    Ahhhhhhh oooooooook...... And so do you know the normal delivery ?thanks in advance
    11-02-2012 12:29 PM
    Hard to say, I dont believe even the first batch of German preorderers have recieved theirs yet.
    11-02-2012 12:30 PM
    I'm little bit confused

Before you told me that 3 weeks was when surface was out of stock..... So normally if i order mine on wensday in one week should be in my hands....
    11-02-2012 12:34 PM
    Not sure how much you've been following all this, but...

Normally yes, but the whole process all around the world has been quite a mess. For example a lot of people havnt even been charged yet and their order status still says "processing" even if they've had the device a whole week by now.

Also the Surfaces havnt apparently been shipped in order of ordering.. There are many reports of people who preordered later to get theirs first while people who preordered on the first minute still might not have a sign of theirs.

But yes, in a normal situation if product is in stock you should expect it within a week if you are ordering inside Europe, but as it is at the moment, I'm not expecting to get mine within a week, at least that way I wont be disappointed lol.
    ilfranzoso likes this.
    11-02-2012 01:36 PM
    I hope in the possibility to select via software the keyboard language.... For ex. I i Will press i need to have .... We Will see....
    Italian (Italy) language pack is currently available. I didn't try to install of course.
    ilfranzoso likes this.
    11-02-2012 03:32 PM
    And UK keyboard doesnt have or .. And at least MSUK store says that they dont ship outside UK.

Well, God damnit.. So now I cant get one from Germany either.

I have zero use for a productivity tool that cant handle my own language. and are far too common to be ignored. I believe you can change the keyboard layout software side, but then you'll be hitting keys that actually put out different letters :P

Well, I guess no Surface for me until they land to Finland, which is probably sometime next year...

As said, I would suffice with english software just fine, it's the needed keys (mainly and ) I'm after. Then again, I'm also sufficient enough on typing without looking at the keys, so its not like the key actually has to say for me to find it :D

But I guess if I'm still gonna be hitting keys that put out different letters, I might as well take the german keyboard and have Y and Z switched. and are in the same places in finnish keyboards and both are more common in finnish than Z or Y. But at least the UK one would sure be in english.. then again MS UK still claims they dont ship outside UK.
    Heya! I'm from Finland too, but been living abroad for 12 years, which means during this time I haven't actually had any keyboards with the characters in the right place! But heck, why do I need them to be when I can type blindly? You know, when you have a foreign keyboard and change the keyboard language into Finnish or Swedish, characters such as (, ), *, @ and " are ALL in the wrong place, every single one, except basic ones like !, commas, and full stops. My friends can't use my computer, it's hilarious :D Still, I know where characters are, and you learn quickly! I've ordered a Surface from Germany, and Z will be the only thing that's going to be weird for me.
    11-02-2012 05:43 PM
    I'm thinking about ordering touch cover from germany. I know it has qwertz layout, but if I change it from Windows to qwerty, it should work? Normal keyboards work this way, but wondering if touch/type covers have something that prevents this?

Get touch cover from germany, in Windows change to finnish layout, I'll get 'z' from 'y' and so on?
    11-05-2012 02:37 AM
    No personal experience yet, but people have said keyboard layout can be changed from hardware. I ordered mine based on that info.
    11-05-2012 02:43 AM
    I can confirm once more if need be that the surface out of the German store asks you to choose between French, English or German at the first boot. I just configured mine :)
    11-05-2012 10:54 AM
    And UK keyboard doesnt have or .. And at least MSUK store says that they dont ship outside UK.

Well, God damnit.. So now I cant get one from Germany either.

I have zero use for a productivity tool that cant handle my own language. and are far too common to be ignored. I believe you can change the keyboard layout software side, but then you'll be hitting keys that actually put out different letters :P

Well, I guess no Surface for me until they land to Finland, which is probably sometime next year...

As said, I would suffice with english software just fine, it's the needed keys (mainly and ) I'm after. Then again, I'm also sufficient enough on typing without looking at the keys, so its not like the key actually has to say for me to find it :D

But I guess if I'm still gonna be hitting keys that put out different letters, I might as well take the german keyboard and have Y and Z switched. and are in the same places in finnish keyboards and both are more common in finnish than Z or Y. But at least the UK one would sure be in english.. then again MS UK still claims they dont ship outside UK.
    Just to clarify that the UK Surface has the and characters on the UK software keyboard. Just press and hold the corresponding letter and you will get the choice of various accented characters. The hardware keyboard is different of course.
    11-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Holy cow! My friend from Denmark ordered on the same day and recieved his today. I checked my order and it says "completed", so I might be expecting it tomorrow! If not tomorrow, probably still by this week!
    11-06-2012 03:06 PM
    so it means the touch cover is qwert if you buy it in Germany?
    11-07-2012 05:38 AM
    the order status is changing to Bestellung abgeschlossen. Anybody has the same status?
    11-10-2012 03:19 PM
    the order status is changing to Bestellung abgeschlossen. Anybody has the same status?
    I ordered the blue Touch cover and have the same status, but no info aboout delivery yet. And you?
    11-13-2012 06:08 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD