Backpack, Crossover, or Messenger Bag for Surface RT?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I want a good bag that fits Surface RT snuggly and ONLY the tablet and MAYBE a phone. Nothing more, I travel light. I prefer a Backpack, with compartment in front for a charger + phone. Any ideas? I'm looking for iPad bags, but I know iPad is considerably shorter then a Surface RT.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I want a good bag that fits Surface RT snuggly and ONLY the tablet and MAYBE a phone. Nothing more, I travel light. I prefer a Backpack, with compartment in front for a charger + phone. Any ideas? I'm looking for iPad bags, but I know iPad is considerably shorter then a Surface RT.
Ogio has any bag you want. check out their website. I only buy their laptop, messenger, whatever bags. lol

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I got a sweet one from Wal-Mart from some Sol brand that I can find no website for online. I can't even find the product on Wal-Mart's site. Either way it's a sweet ~12" tablet bag. Back part is for the tablet front is for accessories.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Anymore info on this? What are you guys carrying your Surface in? I travel light and on foot, so I need something to withstand the weather, but portable enough to not weigh me down.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Targus netbook sleeve that I used for my transformer that also works well for the Surface. It also has a small pocket for charger, phone, etc.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll keep looking but this is a good thread for any user that carries a surface on the go. Looks like I'ma be looking for a while at specific specs. Might have to go with an 11" bag for mb air and alter it. Here's how light I'm looking to travel, just the surface w/ touch cover, charger, a pair of ear buds and phone. Thats it! I don't really need a bag to hold other things, I would love THIS (CLICK HERE TO SEE) but it fits the iPad nice and tight, so no way its gonna fit my surface :( the search continues.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE! I purchased the targus phobus for 10.2" netbooks (LINK HERE) and its a slim line, well built case that fits my surface, keys, wallet, phone, and all corresponding chargers perfectly! front tab is magnetic so easy open easy close with plenty of room! it's also waterproof! main compartment is very soft on inside and there's even a space in the back for files! built in clip I use for my keys and usb drive falls right into a pocket! im loving it!

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE! I purchased the targus phobus for 10.2" netbooks (LINK HERE) and its a slim line, well built case that fits my surface, keys, wallet, phone, and all corresponding chargers perfectly! front tab is magnetic so easy open easy close with plenty of room! it's also waterproof! main compartment is very soft on inside and there's even a space in the back for files! built in clip I use for my keys and usb drive falls right into a pocket! im loving it!

Nice bag. I'm still undecided on what to get but this one looks nice. I was going to start a thread to see if anyone had purchased a case yet. I don't see many on Amazon, just some sleeves. I wonder if there will be an "official" case from Microsoft for it.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have this one on the way, should be snug...

Interior tablet compartment dimensions:

10.6 x 7.5 x 0.4

Surface RT dimensions:

10.81 x 6.77 x 0.37

Currently using my modified 'Indiana Jones' bag and it fits well along with a few other small items.

Last edited:

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I am looking also for a bag but I am looking for something where I can put also my glasses, keys, my lumia, charges. Something like this
http://www.ebags.com/product/kenneth-cole-reaction-business-and-luggage/bag-for-good-colombian-leather-ipad-day-bag/232453?sourceid=ONLTELLPT2

Anyone who has something similar?

That's a nice looking bag. I ended up just getting a Targus backpack. I can fit my Surface, iPad and laptop in at the same time if I need to. It was only 30 bucks, but I really like the looks of this messenger bag.

cthulhucometh

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Targus makes a tablet / netbook messenger bag that fits my Surface, Nokia Lumia 920 and my Nintendo 3DS in it and has pockets for chargers
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey does the surface fit on the case logic bag you ordered? Seems nice

I had to remove a non-essential seam from the bottom of the tablet pocket to get the surface to fit. I carry a small hdd, two brick adapters, two usb thumb drives, 3 usb cables, an hdmi cable and a headlamp in addition to my surface.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte