Good paid apps - post them here (and let's support the devs)

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy to spend some $$ on paid apps to support the ecosystem. Most of what I saw in the other thread are big name and free. Post solid paid apps here.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy to spend some $$ on paid apps to support the ecosystem. Most of what I saw in the other thread are big name and free. Post solid paid apps here.
I would either recreate this thread in a general windows 8 section or ask the mods to me it. Since this thread isn't only about the Surface, you don't want to limit its exposure.

ndschris

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd also like people to use some type of connotation for apps that have a copy/similar version for WP7/8 if possible (bold or italic or something).

I ported my Windows Phone brain exercise game 'Brain App' to Windows 8 / RT. Both versions are very similar in functionality though have unique UI's (I've not simply upscaled the phone app). One interesting point though is that you can sync your profile between WP7 / Win 8 so your high scores stay up to date on both devices.

If anyone wants to check it out...

Windows Phone version
Windows 8 / RT version

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I ported my Windows Phone brain exercise game 'Brain App' to Windows 8 / RT. Both versions are very similar in functionality though have unique UI's (I've not simply upscaled the phone app). One interesting point though is that you can sync your profile between WP7 / Win 8 so your high scores stay up to date on both devices.

If anyone wants to check it out...

Windows Phone version
Windows 8 / RT version

Great idea to have the syncing! When I get home I'll definitely dload on my phone and then my computer once I upgrade to Windows 8!

ndschris

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Great idea to have the syncing! When I get home I'll definitely dload on my phone and then my computer once I upgrade to Windows 8!

Thanks :) Let me know what you think. Windows 8 and Windows Phone are such great platforms to develop for, I've high hopes that we'll be seeing lots of cross-platform connectivity between Win 8 and WP7/8 from others devs.

jwcdis

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Not a pay app but for WP7 there was this free game where competed with everyone else to create as many anagrams of a word sequence and after the time limit was over you should see how you matched up on the leaderboard.

Was probably my favorite one, forgot the name though

ndschris

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Not a pay app but for WP7 there was this free game where competed with everyone else to create as many anagrams of a word sequence and after the time limit was over you should see how you matched up on the leaderboard.

Was probably my favorite one, forgot the name though

Sounds like Wordament, which is quite brilliant, though a total productivity-killer :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077