what i hate about the surface

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
And it was a landslide the other way for watching movies. Media consumption is what the ipad is for yet not as good of a screen as the surface. Surface is for content creation, and not as good of a screen as the ipad. Funny.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That is one area where all Windows (and Android for that matter) tablets will trump the iPad. The 4:3 aspect ratio requires far too much letter boxing of movies and TV shows.

rhalbert10

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Somebody did a blind test(maybe Engadget) and 6/9 people picked the iPad 3 over the Surface for text sharpness.
Not true, you have it backwards. 6 out of 9 preferred SURFACE!!

"We ran two blind tests, pitting the Surface RT against a third-generation Retina Display iPad. Both tablets were side by side in a room with ambient light from large windows. We cranked the brightness all the way up and hid the devices behind a sheet of heavy cardboard with two holes of equal size cut into it, so viewers could only see the screens. We then asked members of Wired’s staff to come in and judge for themselves, without knowing which device they were viewing.

In our video test, running an HD version of The Avengers, twice as many viewers preferred the Surface to the iPad (six to three)."

rhalbert10

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Surface screet BEATS iPad 3!!

Somebody did a blind test(maybe Engadget) and 6/9 people picked the iPad 3 over the Surface for text sharpness.
Not true, you have it backwards. 6 out of 9 preferred SURFACE!!

"We ran two blind tests, pitting the Surface RT against a third-generation Retina Display iPad. Both tablets were side by side in a room with ambient light from large windows. We cranked the brightness all the way up and hid the devices behind a sheet of heavy cardboard with two holes of equal size cut into it, so viewers could only see the screens. We then asked members of Wired?s staff to come in and judge for themselves, without knowing which device they were viewing.

In our video test, running an HD version of The Avengers, twice as many viewers preferred the Surface to the iPad (six to three)."

jwcdis

May 9, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter too much whose screen is better, just as long as you're satisfied with whichever product you own that's all that really matters.

rx74ray

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky to get my surface on Thursday. I'm actually using it to submit this.
This is amazing. But if you want to know where is comes short, here are the cons:

Soft speakers. Yet too soft. It works fine for one person in a quiet room, bit don't expect to entertain anyone. It is considerably softer than my moms original iPad.

Grainy screen. Yes the ppi is 147. TEXT looks fine but the graphics is a bit grainy. Not a deal breaker but noticeable. It does look better than moms iPad. I think that is 137 ppi.

The worst: under powered cpu. This is a gorgeous platform for tablet os. Love it. But you defiantly feel the cpu being pushed to the limit. Forget 1080p playback. 720p also plays in slightly lower frame rate. It is noticeable. My titan 1 phone plays videos smoother then surface. You notice long app launch times.

If the cpu is enhanced, makes a huge difference, even in ui and user experience. I will be looking at other RT tablets out there.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My desktop display has lower PPI, I'm not sure whats the big deal really.

Also, not being the best doesnt mean it's bad.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I like the fact that every single post you make (And I just looked at your past post history) is negative in some way and always against Microsoft.

Didn't you watch Bambi?

Also, you quoted it backwards. It was actually 6 out of 9 people who preferred the Surface. If you are going to troll at least put some effort into it. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs