How to get insurance or extra warrnaty for pre ordered surface

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
If you pre ordered the surface is there a way to buy insurance or an extra warranty.

There was nothing in the box
I check on the microsoftstore website and theres an option if you hover over "surface" but this is on UK site so not too sure for US... i assume it would give you the option it says "extended service plan"

Last edited:

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
By the way i just checked for the US website and it says "microsoft complete for surface" i think thats us version of extended service i also think you need to call to buy the service

will25u

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought squaretrade warranty. I've had a tv break on me and they gave me a full refund without needing me to send it back. It was the most painless warranty and I highly recommend them. If you keep an eye out on some deal forums they sometimes post 30$ off coupons codes on Tuesdays.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If you pre ordered the surface is there a way to buy insurance or an extra warranty.

There was nothing in the box

You have two weeks to purchase the Microsoft Complete plan in the US. I must admit though, I don't know why anyone would want to buy it. Like all such plans, they are disproportionately expensive, seldom used, often harder than you would think to use if needed, and are as close to free money as retailers ever get. Many (if not most) credit cards will at a minimum double the manufacturer's warranty and quite a few also add some time period for damage and theft replacement. BTW, some homeowners and renters policies may also provide coverage (always worth checking). When my first Nikon D200 DSLR was run over by a car backing up in a parking lot, State Farm actually replaced the camera and lens through my auto policy instead of the rental policy.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077