Has anybody been able to stream to Xbox yet?

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This how I fixed my issue first go to settings then change pc settings then devices . Once there deleted all xbox 360 devices then clicked add new device ( make sure xbox 360 is on ) saw xbox then added everything is worked great since then.

Hope this helps others.

Are you streaming **Rented** movies from Xbox Video on Surface to Xbox or are you talking about things you already had downloaded on your xbox?

For me and others: Tv shows, music, and locally stored videos/music/pictures play on Xbox fine - It's getting rented **Movies** to stream to xbox that is the issue

dvdjoe

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Are you streaming **Rented** movies from Xbox Video on Surface to Xbox or are you talking about things you already had downloaded on your xbox?

For me and others: Tv shows, music, and locally stored videos/music/pictures play on Xbox fine - It's getting rented **Movies** to stream to xbox that is the issue
This is streaming movies from surface to Xbox. Like a mp4. Wasn't having any troubles with smartglass and Xbox videos just pushing a video to Xbox from surface. Was getting no available device can play video until I did my fix.

dvdjoe

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Rented movies purchased on surface only plays on surface. Check Xbox price is different. I did confirm if purchase on Xbox will play on both hope this helps.

Last edited:

nkraft8

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
This how I fixed my issue first go to settings then change pc settings then devices . Once there deleted all xbox 360 devices then clicked add new device ( make sure xbox 360 is on ) saw xbox then added everything is worked great since then.

Hope this helps others.
Dvdjoe,

your tip got it working! thank you so much! after 2 days of trying to get it work your answer was it. much appreciated!

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything works fine for me. Certain rented movies will not let you stream to the Xbox due to the price difference and Surface only pricing. For example Battleship is $.99 on the Surface, but 480 MSFT points (which is about $5 I think). For those items it gives you the option purchase for Xbox.

cherone21

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Rented movies purchased on surface only plays on surface. Check Xbox price is different. I did confirm if purchase on Xbox will play on both hope this helps.

This doesn't work either. I rented that's my boy on the Xbox and could not see it or play it on the surface.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Interesting - I'm having no issues, although I have the same Microsoft ID being used for my surface, phone, and xbox. Purchases on xbox are playable on the surface and on my desktop, and vice versa. Weird.

cherone21

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Interesting - I'm having no issues, although I have the same Microsoft ID being used for my surface, phone, and xbox. Purchases on xbox are playable on the surface and on my desktop, and vice versa. Weird.

It is awkward. I also have my phone, xbox, and surface on one account. I called support they had no idea.

I will add, everything else about this device is amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa