Podcast?

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I could not find it either. I had to download a free app. Not what I had hoped for windows RT. You would think this would be a standard feature...

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I cannot believe they dumped the Zune software for these two Xbox basterdized media handlers (XboxMusic and XboxVideo). The more and more you play with them, you realize they stripped so many features out of it. Couldn't you just have renamed the thing Xbox and left it alone? How do you organize your videos? Manually add album art or other individual song info? How do you go straight to a certain letter alphabetically when searching through 15 GB of music? Podcasts? I could go on and on. Who ever decided to completely scrap the Zune software instead of just renaming it, should be shot. The Surface is 90% amazing. The horrid 10%? The joke of a way it handles media.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Have to agree my windows phone does a better job...
Unfortunately, if it is using this same Xbox Music and Xbox Video garbage, then being able to use your phone to handle your media in an organized manner, is done. I know I'm ranting, but who the **** gets to beta test this stuff? How did these issues not come up during testing? The fact that I use my devices so much for video, podcast, and music has almost soured this whole migration to Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, and the Surface. They better fix this quick....and not the usually "Microsoft" quick, where as they get around to it in a year. I'm talking a month tops. As of right now, it handles media about as good as a 1990 mp3 player. Most people are so enamored by the cool artist cover flows and bios that they are missing the fact that you can't do what some of the cheapest music and video programs on the market do. In this day and age, you'd be hard pressed to find a Fisher-Price music player that doesn't give you these abilities.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. Now it is randomly saying songs I placed on the Surface from my external hard drive are only available to stream. Then it is showing duplicate entries if about a ⅓ of my songs, but those are said to be in my cloud, even though there is no music in it. Bravo on killing the Zune software.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I think not supporting podcasts is a big mistake. I contacted MS about that and they didn't know anything about the new Xbox Music service yet. I was told, Xbox music has the same feature as Zune, just renamed. They seem not to be up to speed yet. Or has anybody found any solution?

If more people contact them, they might decide to add podcast support again.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
They had a first class music program. All they had to do was make a few artistic changes and switch the Zune Logos to Xbox Logos and change up the color scheme. Instead they stripped the bee-Jesus out of it and turned it into one giant bug. I love when it won't let me play my own music when I'm not by a WiFi connection because it insists that my own music is streaming from their service or that it is stored in the cloud even though I don't have one song there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99