Anyone know how other then in desktop mode?
    You can see the icon when you pull out charms and on lock screen but not actual %
    10-27-2012 01:19 PM
    This is something that is really bugging me to! Right now the only way I can see of doing it is going onto desktop mode and clicking on the battery icon, but they def need an option for this!
    10-27-2012 01:36 PM
    I believe there are apps that will display it on the live tile.
    10-27-2012 01:39 PM
    I believe there are apps that will display it on the live tile.
    Nope
    11-01-2012 07:59 AM
    So many opportunities to learn coding for a new OS. Now is the time to make your mark. Heck I might look into it this weekend.

It can't be that hard to display a live tile with a percentage. Now graphics that's a different story. :)
    11-01-2012 08:06 AM
    I find is strange why they left such basic things as date/time and battery off the start page...
    11-01-2012 08:27 AM
    I find is strange why they left such basic things as date/time and battery off the start page...
    It's there... you just need a small swipe of the charm bar. I think it looks neater without a date and time stamped on the start screen. or a bar plastered along the top of the screen. I mean, how often do you have to look at the time that you constantly need it there?

Although, I do agree about having the battery percentage when displaying the time.
    11-01-2012 09:17 AM
    I guess i don't worry about percentage outside of just gauging how the Surface battery life is doing as a new purchase.

I mean a month from now i doubt i'll even check the % in the desktop.
    11-01-2012 03:35 PM
    Where would they put it? There's no bar. But you can get an app that will show the time and date on a live tile.
    11-01-2012 05:00 PM
    I really hate not being able to see the time when in a app in Metro, I am a clock watcher and this is unnerving.
    11-01-2012 05:10 PM
    It's there... you just need a small swipe of the charm bar. I think it looks neater without a date and time stamped on the start screen. or a bar plastered along the top of the screen. I mean, how often do you have to look at the time that you constantly need it there?

Although, I do agree about having the battery percentage when displaying the time.
    Actually, since I haven't worn a watch in years it is VERY IMPORTANT to have the time available to me. Since Windows Phone 8 is locked down this is a core feature (it should either be available full time (like the competing OSes) or at least as an option.
    11-01-2012 05:11 PM
    I really hate not being able to see the time when in a app in Metro, I am a clock watcher and this is unnerving.
    Buy a watch.
    11-01-2012 05:12 PM
    Actually, since I haven't worn a watch in years it is VERY IMPORTANT to have the time available to me. Since Windows Phone 8 is locked down this is a core feature (it should either be available full time (like the competing OSes) or at least as an option.
    i have never owned a watch and have owned windows phone and now have a surface.

As long as i am able to quickly see the time (charms bar swipe) then why do i need it constantly in my face?
    11-01-2012 05:23 PM
    Buy a watch.
    I have a watch I just don't wear it and for almost 500 I expect my surface to tell me the time.
    11-01-2012 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD