Slingbox?

xpxp2002

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The browser plugin is an executable so it will not work on Windows RT. Aside from an RDP session with RemoteFX, I see no way to stream from a Slingbox to a Windows RT device until an app becomes available.

jgosline

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone is curious...

I reached out to Slingbox today, they are aware of the issue and engineers are working on a solution, but they don't have a time table for it being ready. Here is to hoping it is coming soon....

tspero

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
i figured out a solution. I used the flash based web player embeded in facebook. you can also use slingplayer.slingbox.com/embedded/slingplayer.php
you need to edit the ie white list
he whitelist can be found here:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml Open this file and look for these tags:

<Flash> domian.com < /Flash>

add <Flash>slingbox.com </Flash>

watching sling on my surface rt now

tspero

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
i figured out a solution. I used the flash based web player embeded in facebook. you can also use slingplayer.slingbox.com/embedded/slingplayer.php
you need to edit the ie white list
he whitelist can be found here:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml Open this file and look for these tags:

<Flash> domian.com < /Flash>

add <Flash>slingbox.com </Flash>

watching sling on my surface rt now

xpxp2002

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about trying that. The only issue I have with this "workaround" is that you have to disable the automatic updates for the whitelist to prevent the "custom" entries from being overwritten. Eventually, I anticipate that Microsoft will be adding more sites to the whitelist as time goes on and I don't want to miss out on those. I'm actually quite surprised it has taken Sling this long to release a client for Windows RT. They had a Windows Phone 7 client available within a week or so after launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans