Is there a way to use a POP 3 email acct.?

km99

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Oppss. Sorry about the previous incomplete reply.
What u have to do is first log into the mail app with a valid Microsoft account. Once successful, go into the mail settings (swipe right to left for the right edge), click accounts, then select add new account.
Hopefully that will work for you.

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
According to three different Microsoft Store help desk people who spent a big chunk of time with us in person trying to figure this out, Microsoft finally reported that Windows RT mail will NOT work with POP3.

:(

ctitanic

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what did they tell you but if you open Mail, Settings, Add Account, it will ask what type, you pick other and it will ask you if it's an Exchange, IMAP or POP. :cool:

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I know Comcast emails still use POP3 , hopefully they have a update to accommodate POP3.

Unfortunately, multiple contact with Comcast over this issue has resulted in a couple of representatives telling me that Comcast has no plans to add IMAP or anything other that POP3 in the foreseeable future.

Our whole family is migrating away from Comcast with the upgrade to Win8 (desktops) and WinRT (Surface) as a result. (Glad I set up strong Outlook.com addresses for all of us when it launched... just in case...)

Doc

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3