Great Microsoft Store Experience

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to share my experience at the Microsoft Store today.

My preorder Surface had a dead/stuck pixel. I tried to revive it, but nothing worked. It was light blue and obvious on dark backgrounds, especially black. I decided to take it into a Microsoft store to see if they would swap it out. My best friend insisted that they would not, that only Apple does this (hes a huge Apple fan).

I walked in without an appointment and found a rep. It was kind of crazy in there with lots of people and launch day activities. They got me over to someone immediately and I explained to her what the issue was. She didn't even look for the pixel, they just immediately started the exchange process. There was no hassle, no waiting, and everyone was really friendly. They kept saying that they wanted me to love my surface, not just like it.

Someone also handed me an Xbox music year pass and I found out later that they slipped a promo code for 3 gigs of skydrive space in my bag. Oh, and they gave me a brand new Surface with touchcover in a brand new box with a spare power supply (I only took in the tablet), so now I have two power supplies for my tablet. I mentioned this and they weren't the least bit concerned.

Overall great experience. I get that they're trying to make an impression and compete with Apple in every way, including customer service, but I really felt that they went above and beyond for me.

Also as an FYI: All of my data restored as soon as I signed in to the new tablet. And going to the app store, I was able to restore all installed apps with two taps! Nice feature.

TL;DR version:

Dead pixel, exchange no hassle, free power supply, music pass, skydrive storage, and microsoft bag. Microsoft Store rocks.

Last edited:

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a great experience in the White Plains, NY store as well. I went in to pickup the Surface at 2PM, well after the 7AM opening, and they still gave me a years pass to Xbox Music. Great in-store purchasing experience!

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Is it bad that I kind of want a dead pixel on my surface just so I can simulate your experience? :D

Haha. I know! If there's a Microsoft store near you, you can still visit and they will give you the Xbox music pass and the Skydrive promo as well. Just tell them you bought one, or take it in with you and ask them a question about it. You'd have to try really hard not to walk out of there with at least the Xbox pass.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
kinda wish there was a store I could go to to get a music pass and extra skydrive storage. :mad: anyone have extra codes by chance? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon