XBox Music Matching?

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
Does Xbox Music match songs from my personal collection to those in the Xbox Music collection and then make those freely available to stream???

That is exactly what seems to be occurring for me and I'm ecstatic about this because I had no idea or expectation of this terrific feature. I've been running Win8 RTM on my desktop PC since it came out and it is connected to my music library on my home NAS of about 7000 songs. I got my WinRT Surface on Friday and set it all up with my account. Tonight I noticed that Xbox Music on my Surface was showing about 1000 songs in 'My Music.'. I knew I hadn't loaded any songs locally yet, so I was curious. Not only are they all from my collection, but they have my playlists too. The app shows them all as 'streaming' only with an option to download. Am I the only loser who did not realize Xbox Music had this feature?

:confused::D:D:D:D:D:confused:

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing. I don't understand the logic of which songs show up on surface. Not all of my collection shows up. Does anyone know how this works?

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Based on what Ive read, it is suppose to match any song you have as long as it is available for purchase through XBOX music, if not, it will have to be uploaded.

All recent reports I read said that this feature was suppose to go live later in the year, so maybe it is not fully operational yet...only think I can think of if you have songs that are available on XBOX music but are not being matched. That or the system is really picky about how the mp3's are tagged. I hope that isnt the case.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I wish when someone at WPCentral figures out how this whole Xboxmusic mess works, they will right a how-to article. Explaining how to set up each of your devices with what and how to use all your devices together. Right now it seems real random with now real logic.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It seems very hit or miss. It recognizes only 90 artists from my streaming collection (my music physically resides on my Win 7 PC in the homegroup). It seems to like tracks i have downloaded from Zune and not tracks downloaded from other sources. Although it seems to have some from Amazon, but not all. It also seems to randomly recognize some tracks from other sources (ripped from CD, etc). I'm bummed because it doesnt list my favorite artist (Casey Stratton). But i get my 64 gb microsdxc soon, so i will likely just put my music on that...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb